Thinking about selling on Ebay and terrified!

chakakhan

obsessed.
O.G.
Jun 11, 2007
I'm gearing up for a major move and looking to downsize my bag collection. I have some beautiful rare Coach styles that I'd like to sell on Ebay (AFF doesn't really cater to Coach styles) but it seems like Ebay is just a disaster from the horror stories I've read here. I've used Ebay's Half.com to sell books before, but never sold a luxury item. Can any new sellers reassure me that it is possible to sell without getting scammed?

Thanks! I'm just so nervous!

I am nervous too and I have a few things to sell. I have sold quite bit in the past. It is possible. Remember we only like to chat about horror stories here.
I am most worried about being scammed, I am seriously thinking of packing and photographing my items with witnesses present. Mad but true..

we would not have these stories if we know how for sure not to get scammed. sorry i dont know myself.
the best way is to provide as many pics as you can, be clear about the condition and attach security tag/lock w it. take pictures and have some people witness u packaging the item and send it out. insured and always send w tracking , possible w signature requirement.
so, w all that, they still can drive us crazy

you can use search fuction to find more info how to use security tag/lock

good luck

Ive sold a few things years ago and never had any problems. However Im kind of in the same boat as both of you. I have a few bags Id like to sell that I dont ever use and after reading everyones horror stories im terrified. I was debating maybe trying craigs list? Other than that I dont know of any alternatives to ebay.

There is no fool-proof to sell anywhere but if you set up some guidelines for yourself and follow ebay/paypal rules for shipping you should be ok.
1.Take plenty of pics
2. add security tags and have pic proof of the numbers
3.Start off shipping to your country only
4. mention any and all flaws and take pics of them
5. Block zero feedback and Non paying bidders from bidding on your auctions
6. ALWAYS insure and when the amount is over 250.00 add signature confirmation

Cross your fingers and be prepared for the nut jobs but as a seller, since 02 I've had zero problems and only mild irratations. As a buyer... now that's another story! lol

Good luck

I am too, my husband and I discussed my setting up my own web site with a checkout feature, the crummy thing is that on ebay you get lots of traffic and my own site would take time to build up. Maybe we need to start our own pursebay!:tup:

you should be nervous cause alot of things can go wrong. check out all the E-Bay threads for the horror stories so you can avoid the same things happening to you. Knowledge is power.

There is no fool-proof to sell anywhere but if you set up some guidelines for yourself and follow ebay/paypal rules for shipping you should be ok.
1.Take plenty of pics
2. add security tags and have pic proof of the numbers
3.Start off shipping to your country only
4. mention any and all flaws and take pics of them
5. Block zero feedback and Non paying bidders from bidding on your auctions
6. ALWAYS insure and when the amount is over 250.00 add signature confirmation

Cross your fingers and be prepared for the nut jobs but as a seller, since 02 I've had zero problems and only mild irratations. As a buyer... now that's another story! lol

Good luck

Follow this excellent advice and you will be fine. We all encounter various selling exeriences that make us want to pull our hair out, but they are truly few and far between. And anything you do encounter tPF can help you with. Best of luck selling on eBay! BTW, PurseBay is the best idea I've heard of in forever! :tup:

Follow this excellent advice and you will be fine. We all encounter various selling exeriences that make us want to pull our hair out, but they are truly few and far between. And anything you do encounter tPF can help you with. Best of luck selling on eBay! BTW, PurseBay is the best idea I've heard of in forever! :tup:

lol

It's cheaper for me to pay for the domain name and start up/monthly maintenance fees on the cart and still pay a % in sales than do feebay/paypal.

Seriously I have been thinking about this for years, but have yet to do it, I would not mind starting it up if others are really interested and they of course only have authentic goods to sell.

lol

It's cheaper for me to pay for the domain name and start up/monthly maintenance fees on the cart and still pay a % in sales than do feebay/paypal.

Seriously I have been thinking about this for years, but have yet to do it, I would not mind starting it up if others are really interested and they of course only have authentic goods to sell.

It should be relatively easy to check out an eBay seller's history regarding authentic bags they have sold. I, for one, am extremely interested. We all know which photos are necessary to have Michele or Sophie, or our other great ladies authenticate a bag. Those photos should be a prerequisite of selling on such a site. I would be very interested in hearing more about this. EBay has been, is presently, and will continue to be the site of choice for buying preowned bags unless something like PurseBay were to be started. And EBay, as we all know, is enough to completely stress any seller out, as well as being inundated with counterfeit bags. Wouldn't it be amazing to have a site where authenticity is not in question?????!!!!! I'm excited!!! :yahoo: