Thinking about selling all my small LV bags

cityivy

O.G.
Apr 15, 2006
Hi all, lately I've been doing a lot of shopping--mostly been crossing off all the chanel bags on my wish list. This led me to take inventory of my remaining bags. I have a few LV bags--Neverfull MM in damier azur, neverfull PM in damier Ebene, Brittany in damier Ebene...and my two small bags (Favorite PM monogram and Eva clutch damier azur)
I love all my LV bags, but just don't reach for the smaller bags anymore. Does anyone feel this way about their smaller bags? I am thinking about selling at least my Favorite PM.

Small, medium, or large, if you are not reaching for it as much it probably is time to sell. I have the eva in de and I use it all the time. One thing I will say is I am shocked at the resale price of an eva. I saw one on fashionphile the other day for 1400!!! I paid around 600 for mine. But yes, if you never use a bag there is no point really in keeping it I think.

Small, medium, or large, if you are not reaching for it as much it probably is time to sell. I have the eva in de and I use it all the time. One thing I will say is I am shocked at the resale price of an eva. I saw one on fashionphile the other day for 1400!!! I paid around 600 for mine. But yes, if you never use a bag there is no point really in keeping it I think.
Yeah it's crazy that people are willing to pay that much. The Eva is actually discontinued tho so maybe that's why the price hike.

I have seen the price on the Eva, and yes, I bought mine in the $600 range. Wish I still had it so I could sell it again! If you aren't wearing them anymore, I'd sell. However I'd make sure I had at least one small bag for certain occasions. My only mall bag is my Chanel WOC. Technically, I also have 2 Pochette Accessoires and I do have a LV strap for them, but I use it that maybe once a year-travel only.

Reactions: cityivy
I’m a small bag person, but I think it depends on why you’re not using it. I have a few bags I rarely use, but they serve specific, albeit infrequent, functions, so I don’t intend on selling them. I sell when I'm actively choosing something else instead of it though.

Reactions: cityivy
I’m a small bag user too. I love small bags for weekends and going out. It’s so light and easy to use, however I do have bigger bags that I have as well for specific purposes. If your small bags don’t fit a purpose or a particular occasion for you to use them by all means sell it and fund something else. What I would recommend doing is writing a list of all your bags and see what occasions they are used for and what need and from there you can eliminate ones that you have no use for and sell!

Reactions: Lisa_S and cityivy
I’m a small bag user too. I love small bags for weekends and going out. It’s so light and easy to use, however I do have bigger bags that I have as well for specific purposes. If your small bags don’t fit a purpose or a particular occasion for you to use them by all means sell it and fund something else. What I would recommend doing is writing a list of all your bags and see what occasions they are used for and what need and from there you can eliminate ones that you have no use for and sell!
Oh that is a good idea! I also am a small bag user normally...but I've noticed that I am reaching for the small LV bags less and less. For instance I used to take them on vacay, but the favorite pm isn't zip closure so it feels less secure to me. I still use the larger LV bags for work.

Reactions: Bumbles
I had the Favorite PM and sold it after one vacation. Then I bought the Favorite MM and sold it after the next vacation. Found I didn't like the magnetic closure, and also, my MM had a stitching flaw I couldn't deal with. I don't miss the Favorite at all. I do, just a little, miss the Eva. She was cute. :amuse: But ultimately, I get along better with my Chanel WOC.

I had the Favorite PM and sold it after one vacation. Then I bought the Favorite MM and sold it after the next vacation. Found I didn't like the magnetic closure, and also, my MM had a stitching flaw I couldn't deal with. I don't miss the Favorite at all. I do, just a little, miss the Eva. She was cute. :amuse: But ultimately, I get along better with my Chanel WOC.
See, I don't find the chanel woc as useful on vacays. It definitely holds less and i have to be more careful with it than any of the coated canvas LV bags. But agreed, not a fan of the magnetic closure on the favorite pm. I kept losing my lipglosses thru the side holes.

See, I don't find the chanel woc as useful on vacays. It definitely holds less and i have to be more careful with it than any of the coated canvas LV bags. But agreed, not a fan of the magnetic closure on the favorite pm. I kept losing my lipglosses thru the side holes.
I admit, I'm not careful with my WOC. It's the classic black caviar leather, so it's really durable. And I have one of those spacer things on the bottom, so it opens the woc to full capacity and I stuff that sucker full. I use the card slots, only carry lip product, listerine tabs, floss, Tylenol, anti-bac, and phone when I carry it. My sunglasses even fit if I put them in a soft pouch, but I usually will travel with the kind I can hook on my shirt of push on my head. If I need a car key, the one fob fits, but if I'm traveling, I usually don't a car key.

Reactions: OCMomof3
I had the favorite PM & MM, Eva and pochette NM and I sold them all. No regrets on the favorite because of "crease-gate" and the magnetic closure. The eva and pochette NM every now and then I think about them since LV doesn't have many clutch bags.

I'd say keep the Eva. Zip closure clutch bags are becoming rare from LV.