Thinking about my 1st Chanel: Advice please :)

syrah22

Oct 24, 2008
I'm not into flashy logos or bling but I really love the black 2.55 reissue flap. It's the only chanel bag that has really caught my eye. Just to give you an idea of my taste, I don't like the flaps with the CC's at all. I don't like anything with CC's or LV's at all.

My question is: Is the 2.55 "under the radar" enough as a bag? I don't want people staring because I go grocery shopping with a chanel for example or make myself the target of a mugger/purse thief, etc. Basically I just want to enjoy a somewhat discreet bag and not have to worry people are looking at my bag. Is this bag TOO known by the general population? Will it attract unwanted attention? Should I hesitate to get it for that reason?

TIA for your feedback :smile:

It's not as easy to spot my the general population as the CC's would be but a "Chanel girl" will notice for sure. It's a great bag, you should go with what you love and it is truly a timeless classic.

I agree. Logos (like those of lv's) are not my type either. I don't mind the classic flap as it's not all over the bag. quiltings are more like styles. Anyway, go for the reissue. It's pretty and a must have : )

I wasn't very comfortable with the interlocking ccs too so I got a reissue and was super pleased with it. But I must say, subsequently, I bought more bags that inevitably have the interlocking cc logo or lock, it is about getting used to carrying them. I am ok with any now ;)

With due respect to the reissues', they are not flashy at all but on the other hand, there are many fakes too. Even before this reissue was out in the market, the 'fake/lookalike' chanel 2.55 without CC was already in the market, at least for most part of Asia (they omitted the CC logos to avoid being caught 'copying' Chanel's design)..

I saw one lady carrying one light pink reissue yesterday and after taking a good look at the leather and workmanship, it's a geniune one but is really could be pass on as a fake too. Just my 2cts:biggrin: I just want to bring out the point that some designer bags could be easily seen as fake but you paid good $$$ for it.

I'm not into flashy logos or bling but I really love the black 2.55 reissue flap. It's the only chanel bag that has really caught my eye. Just to give you an idea of my taste, I don't like the flaps with the CC's at all. I don't like anything with CC's or LV's at all.

My question is: Is the 2.55 "under the radar" enough as a bag? I don't want people staring because I go grocery shopping with a chanel for example or make myself the target of a mugger/purse thief, etc. Basically I just want to enjoy a somewhat discreet bag and not have to worry people are looking at my bag. Is this bag TOO known by the general population? Will it attract unwanted attention? Should I hesitate to get it for that reason?

TIA for your feedback :smile:

I am completely the same as the OP: didn't like the flaps with the CCs at all, nor the gold chains. Then I saw a reissue and loved it and that was my first Chanel :smile: I must say that the quality is addictive and now that I'm used to it, I wouldn't mind a CC flap at all. I left it in the box for a while before taking her out, but now I'm used to carrying her around, I think the reissue is discrete enough for everyday use, does not scream out the way a logo-ed bag would but adds something special to an outfit. Of course anyone who knows Chanel could spot a reissue but am really happy with my bag.

If you like the reissue, do get it. Somehow the reissue bags fetch a better resale price too compared to the regular quilted bags with CC logos and flaps.

Ppl how know Chanel will recognize your bag. But for others, I think you are under the radar.

As far as muggers go, you have to be careful of your surroundings. Not just the bag, but jewelry, clothing, your car,...etc.

If you like the reissue, do get it. Somehow the reissue bags fetch a better resale price too compared to the regular quilted bags with CC logos and flaps.

Ppl how know Chanel will recognize your bag. But for others, I think you are under the radar.

As far as muggers go, you have to be careful of your surroundings. Not just the bag, but jewelry, clothing, your car,...etc.

Absolutely Grand Latte, I was brutally attacked in London by street thugs, yes they targeted me I am sure as a well dressed woman walking to her car alone