Tech Thinking about getting an iPod Touch

tanukiki

Stupid Lamb
O.G.
Jun 11, 2007
Hi!
I am thinking about buying a 32 GB iPod Touch (the newest version released last Sept). Does anyone have the 2nd or 3rd generation Touch that can give me your opinion on it? Thanks!

I've had my 2nd generation ipod touch for over a year and I LOVE it! It is simple to navigate and I love browsing the web. However, I find skipping a song a pain during the winter time because I have to take it out and change the song in the freezing cold.

I just got the 32 touch and I am really loving it.
You can get wifi in free areas or you can enter the password for secure ones if you know it.
I love being able to buy songs right on the touch and being able to listen to it immediately.

i have a first gen and i hardly use it but i totally love it.
the one PITA thing about the touches is that you have to physically look at it to change sounds and what not like the other poster said. other than that it's great.

You only get internet in areas with free wifi, right? I have a blackberry though, so I doubt I'd ever use the internet on the touch.

I'll use it in free Wifi areas or at home on my network. I have my Android phone (on Verizon- I am not leaving Verizon which is why I am not considering an iPhone) for calls and internet outside of these areas on the go. Another cool thing is that some of the exercise equipment at my gym has iPod connections :smile:

I have one and I love it too. Mine came with the software for the Nike and ipod training system. You just need to get the sensor for your shoes. For me, it's too big and bulky for use at the gym. I use my nano for the gym and touch for everything else.
I have mine set up so that it will use the password protected wifi at my home, my parents home and I registered it at school.
I travel quite a bit, so it is nice to be able to download or rent movies at the airport if you have a delay.

I'll use it in free Wifi areas or at home on my network. I have my Android phone (on Verizon- I am not leaving Verizon which is why I am not considering an iPhone) for calls and internet outside of these areas on the go. Another cool thing is that some of the exercise equipment at my gym has iPod connections :smile:

Same here! I refuse to leave Verizon. I guess that's true that I could use the wifi at home, which is the only time my blackberry isn't attached to my hand lol. I wish my gym had ipod connections lol that sounds cool. I just hope I can get used to not being able to switch songs and volume without looking at my ipod :/

Check out macrumors for their buying guide... they track when the new releases will come out, so you may want to hold off on your ipod touch. I am waiting for the new laptops to come out! and for the iPhone to open up to other carriers (Tmobile, will this ever happen?!!?)

Pretty sure once AT&T's exclusive contract to have the iPhone is over, Verizon will be moving in.

You can unlock the iPhone to use it on T-Mobile, but some functions of the phone will be limited/unable to be used.

I love my iPod touch. It's good when I bring it to school and just want to quickly check something online.. I just connect through wifi. The games and apps are a plus since I never wanted to buy an iPhone.
I've been using mine for 2.5 years and I still haven't gotten tired of it. Usually I upgrade my electronics within half a year, but I haven't felt that I need to part with my iPod yet!

I assume the touch uses Safari as a browser like the iPhone? That's awesome because the school I'm going to next year doesn't support either of the BlackBerry browsers yet, so with the touch, I'd be able to look at their website on the go! I just thought of that :smile: