Thinking About Getting A Twiggy

kimosa

Jun 22, 2007
I went to Saks Fifth Avenue & saw they had a Balenciaga section for purses. I think it's a Twiggy since I saw some pictures online but the medium sized bag was about $1095 I think.

Few questions were: Is this the Twiggy? Does the leather scratch easily? Is it very durable leather or do you have to be careful with tossing it around since it's so soft? Where else does Balenciaga sell bags besides Saks? (Didn't see it on Saks website even though they have it in stores). :Push:

sarah-jessica-parker-balenciaga-twiggy1_14.jpg

This is the City..it's a little bigger than the twiggy. The twiggy is more barrel shaped and gorgeous!! I think you can toss Bbags around, but you should be careful with any bag!

Twiggys do retail for $1095, so those probably were twiggy's that you were looking at at Saks if they were marked at $1095. You can find tons of great twiggy pics here:

http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga-style-reference/the-balenciaga-twiggy-139405.html

and here:

http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga-clubhouse/sign-up-for-the-twiggy-club-142966.html

Also, you may want to check out this section on reputable retailers:

http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga-shopping/reputable-stores-carrying-balenciaga-145165.html

Is this the Twiggy?:
nope, the picture is of the City style :heart:

Does the leather scratch easily?:
i personally haven't had any problems with scratching any of my bbags, but i have heard some ladies have... i dont know what they scratch it with, but if it had to do w/fingernails that would explain why i've never scratched my bbags :P

Is it very durable leather or do you have to be careful with tossing it around since it's so soft?:
i'm careful with my bbags, but not obsessive and i have had zero problems. i think they are very tough bags :yes: however, i feel alot more comfortable tossing my darker bbags around than my lighter ones... mostly for dirt reasons, not b/c i'm worried about damage/ripping/etc.

Where else does Balenciaga sell bags besides Saks? (Didn't see it on Saks website even though they have it in stores):
balny, i think neiman marcus, realdealcollection, annsfabulousfinds, ebay (always post in the "auth this" thread first!)...? sorry i'm not from america or a large country, so i'm not too familiar, but i know there are other stores.

I don't know what style bag I want. I think the one I saw at Neiman was the City. The bags are so cute & practical & definitely will be my next purchase once I find a color I like.

I definitely take good care of my purses so I won't be tossing them around everywhere, but it's good to know they are durable. I will be off to look at all the threads posted now. Thanks so much guys :smile:

if you don't know what style you like, do your due diligence by going to the many threads in this forum by finding out more about the pros and cons of each style, or simply go to the stores to test out the bags and see for yourself which appeals more. each girl has different preferences in her bag; you're just going to get all kinds of suggestions that might be biased (some hate the sausage look of the Twiggy whereas others call it their Holy Grail bag). you're going to spend so much money on it, so you should get something you love. jmho.

I'm not sure why I can't edit my first post now. :sad: I looked through alot of threads & decided I really like the City bag. That's the one I saw at the store & it's a really nice sized bag. Since there's so many pretty colors, I just have to step out & get a cute colored bag this time instead of the regular black or brown I always stick to :lol:

I'm not sure why I can't edit my first post now. :sad: I looked through alot of threads & decided I really like the City bag. That's the one I saw at the store & it's a really nice sized bag. Since there's so many pretty colors, I just have to step out & get a cute colored bag this time instead of the regular black or brown I always stick to :lol:

we can't edit our own posts after a given time frame. a black or brown as your first bbag is fine, too. my first bbag's a white city ;)