thinking about getting a mini belt bag

hollyyih

O.G.
Aug 31, 2006
Texas
It would be my first gucci purchase. I already have a few LVs and a few Coaches. I think the mini belt bag would be cute on me (worn from behind or off to the side). What do you guys think? I'm 23, do you think it's a good fit? I'm also fairly petite and I want something that isn't just a handbag. I've looked at a few messengers and they're either too small or not big enough to make it useful, for say school. The belt bag would just be unique, I think :smile:. Too bad you can't find any at the outlets right now, so I'll probably have to go retail. ^_^;;

flipchickmc

Never Gucci-fied!
O.G.
Jun 8, 2007
Seattle, WA
My DH's cousin and her friend (early 20s) just bought this belt bag a couple weeks ago from the Cabazon outlet. I know when we called, there were plenty in stock and the cost was $279. They LOVE this belt bag - it made me wish I had gotten one.

Attachments

mssmelanie

O.G.
Jul 6, 2006
NJ
I have 2 mini belt bags and I love them.. But keep in mind, they are tiny. I can carry cards, money, phone, lipstick and a small camera in it. My friend got the same belt bag above that flipchick has shown and it's a little roomier. Maybe you can call the outlets to see if they have any beltbags left and have them send it to you.

aquablueness

Whale Tail!
O.G.
Feb 27, 2006
Bay Area, California
owww, i like the one flipchick posted. very cute. i think it would be unique to get a mini belt bag. why not? i think it would make a really good first gucci purchase.

hollyyih

O.G.
Aug 31, 2006
Texas
i got my belt bag! i ended up getting the bigger size and in the classic red/green strap. i liked the new pink one they had but the gold flap was too shiny for my taste even though the strap was really pretty. i definitely like gucci right now, and i'm tempted to get the d-gold medium hobo. but am on a student budget so must resist for now.

thanks girls for all the advice and such!

mssmelanie

O.G.
Jul 6, 2006
NJ
Oh good.. Congratulations! You will get lots of use out of it and it's a classic that you can use forever!

hollyyih

O.G.
Aug 31, 2006
Texas
i got her at neiman's for regular price ($455), b/c none of the outlets had the two pocket belt bag for sale and i really wanted the classic color. although you'll probably want to go to gucci if you want a belt bag in another color.

hope that helps :smile:

cinderella388

I <3 bags!
Oct 7, 2007
Boston, MA
My DH's cousin and her friend (early 20s) just bought this belt bag a couple weeks ago from the Cabazon outlet. I know when we called, there were plenty in stock and the cost was $279. They LOVE this belt bag - it made me wish I had gotten one.
Today I saw a guy wearing this belt bag, walking hand in hand next to his gf or wife... It looked awkward on him, I mean a guy wearing that belt bag?? :wtf: But hey, if he wants to rock it, then by all means... go for it! :okay:

hollyyih

O.G.
Aug 31, 2006
Texas
haha that is funny cinderella388. i've seen my belt bag on a guy too. i think it's kind of strange as well!

jsis

Apr 8, 2006
I think it looks awesome on guys..but then again I guess it depends on the guy too ;) I was thinking about going and getting a regular size too, hollyyih, how much does it fit? will it fit a wallet and a passport and some other little things?

hollyyih

O.G.
Aug 31, 2006
Texas
yes i fit a wallet (small but certainly not tiny), a pretty big older camera, keys, cellphone, mp3 player, lipgloss and that's about it, but i could definitely stuff it more. :smile:

jsis

Apr 8, 2006
I went ahead and bought one yesterday! yay it's on its way I'm excited :biggrin:

jsis

Apr 8, 2006
The regular brown with red/green strap :smile: the mini one was cute too but I need more room! thanks for the info btw!