Thinking about getting a Apple®MacBook®

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmberEnv77

Mar 28, 2008
I am thinking about purchased a MacBook but unsure I have used a PC all my life and unsure about making the switch the one I am thinkin about getting is the Apple® - MacBook® with 13.3" Display Model: MB403LL/A

I dont know how this one is comprabile to the speed of my PC could someone tell me?? I have no idea how to know what apple is fast or slow etc

here are the specs of my computer

Acer Aspire M5630

Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM) 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40 GHZ

Memory: 2047 MB

and the MACBOOK I want is...

• Intel® Core™2 Duo mobile processor with 800MHz frontside bus, 3MB shared L2 cache and 2.4GHz processor speed
  • 2GB PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM for multitasking power, expandable to 4GB
  • Slot-loading multiformat DVD±RW/CD-RW SuperDrive with double-layer support records up to 8.5GB of data or 4 hours of video using compatible DVD+R DL and DVD-R DL media

Also is it possible to transfer your files from a windows computer to the Mac?

Not 100% sure about the computer specs so I'll let someone more knowledgeable than me answer that one, but yes you can transfer your files from the PC to the Mac. Actually, if you bring your PC in to the Apple store they'll even do it for you :smile:

I have one and I am in LOVE with it! I used PCs my whole life and then started using a Mac almost 2 years ago during my 3rd semester of college. Once I had enough money I bought mine!

It will be the best computer will ever own!, transfering files from PC to Mac is simple! They can show you at the Apple store, or do it for you as the previous poster already mentioned.

If you can wait until June, I believe they will be coming out with even faster Macbooks though, heard through the grapevine...

Your PC is what...a year old..if that. Why do you need/want a new one?

Also, there are probably 4 million Mac threads on here. Maybe next time post your question in one of those instead of starting a new thread that's going to contain the same info.

As far as specs go, they are pretty much the same. Same speed of processor, same amount of memory. I would play with the Macbook in store to see if you really want to make the switch. Bring in your old computer so if you do get one they can load up all your files and settings for you, if you do decide to buy. I have a Macbook and it does everything my PC did and more.

I you are a student anywhere, you can also get a discount for purchasing a mac. Be sure to let us know what you get. I have an ibook G4 and my mom has the new macbook pro, and a stand alone G5 tower and then my stepfather and stepbrother both have powerbooks. They finally converted me and once you figure out how to use it, it's so freakin easy, you'll be amazed. At first it seems like you can't find anything cause the desktop is so compact and clean but it's really much easier to find things, esp with the finder. And remember too, that you should have a slot on whatever you get to add RAM if you find that you need more speed. I added a Gig of RAM to mine. Oh and BTW, I love love love my mac. I've had it for almost three years and it's never crashed which still amazes me cause my pc used to crash at least once a day, if I was lucky! LOL

^^Testy...

How is that testy? There's no need to start a new thread when there are at least 4-5 threads about the same subject within the first 5 pages of this forum. How many threads have you read where posters are asking about Mac v PC??
The OP has posted threads asking about a BMW X5, which has been discussed a few times before. She's also asked about the iPhone, which has been discussed millions of time in this forum. A simple search would have yielded plenty of info and kept the clutter of unneeded, duplicitous threads down. I guess I'm the only one who gets frustrated asking and answering the same questions.

Anyhow...Amber, the PC you have right now is almost identical to the Apple. Is there any reason you want to spend >1300 bucks for a Mac that's comparable to your current PC?

How is that testy? There's no need to start a new thread when there are at least 4-5 threads about the same subject within the first 5 pages of this forum. How many threads have you read where posters are asking about Mac v PC??
The OP has posted threads asking about a BMW X5, which has been discussed a few times before. She's also asked about the iPhone, which has been discussed millions of time in this forum. A simple search would have yielded plenty of info and kept the clutter of unneeded, duplicitous threads down. I guess I'm the only one who gets frustrated asking and answering the same questions.

Anyhow...Amber, the PC you have right now is almost identical to the Apple. Is there any reason you want to spend >1300 bucks for a Mac that's comparable to your current PC?

because my current PC freezes on me... i have my freaken computers graphic card turn my monitor off and only way to revive my monitor is to turn my computer fully off its so annoying plus I feel like something portable would fit my lifestyle as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.