Thinking about Dior....

CCmoiselleCC

Heart CC
O.G.
Jan 5, 2012
Hi Ladies,

So I am a Chanel addict and have built up a nice little collection. However, I just don't see anything that is completely standing out to me recently in Chanel and so I am thinking about possibly getting a Dior as my next major purchase...but was curious as chanel lovers what is general consensus of the Lady Dior?

I have Black Caviar Jumbo SHW, Black Caviar M/L GHW, Red ITB Flap, Patent Taupe Jumbo SHW, Black Caviar GST SHW and black caviar WOC.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Hi

I also have built a little collection: Cerf, Blk Cav Maxi, DS 2.27 Reissue, white Caviar m/l, blk lambskin e/w bijoux chain, and Halfmoon WOC and also feel the same w you. Right now, nothing excites me except maybe the perfect red jumbo

I'm looking now at Goyard, YSL and back to LV. I personally don't like the Lady Dior. It's too structured and the handles look uncomfortable. But I do like their version I the WOC. Let me know what brand you venture to...

hello Op, I only have 3 bags from Chanel (black jumbo caviar GHW, beige caviar GHW, red timeless WOC) but i am thinking of Lady Dior and I am pondering whether I should:
1. purchase a GST just to add to my Chanel collection, even though I don't have actual need of a GST
2. stop at my lil 3 Chanel and get a medium Lady Dior.
I'm leaning more towards option 2 because i know I can't go wrong purchasing a Lady Dior. It is the classic from the house of Dior. Price point wise, it isn't bad. Its a little more expensive than the GST. I just answered my own question about what to do yet I'm somehow still stuck with the Chanel GST yes or no. Is this symptoms of a Chanel addict???? I need a slap on the face :noggin:

Definite go for a LD!:biggrin: can be worn casual or dressy
It's one of a kind that a lady should have in their closet just like the classic flap

I totally agree!

OP, I have quite a few Chanel bags but I also have a black Lady Dior. It fits in nicely with the rest of my bags and it is just so yummy. I would definitely suggest getting a LD :smile:

Well its nice to know that my purse addiction is always encouraged by all of you :smile:

Part of my dilemma is that I feel like my Chanel collection is complete and I have said for a while that these price increases are getting to be so much that I should just stop and be happy with what I have. This is going to be my last MAJOR bag purchase in a very long time and by major I mean anything over $2k so I'm struggling with the fact that I know I loooooove Chanel but am just not completely psyched about any offerings right now.

Sweetpea- ( I know some people love their GST's, but I think its ok) When I look at the Lady Dior I drool...but I dont get that feeling with GST---but I dont know if its because I own it already so I dont think its as special anymore?

My only thoughts were maybe a new flap clutch---but i just feel like it would serve the same purpose as my M/L...no?

wow! OP, i have exactly the same thoughts as you! :smile: I only have 4 chanel bags, (fushia woc(vintage), GST, reissue and Maxi (all black) but I'm totally satisfied with my chanel collection. I am on a waitlist for Celine luggage but when I visited Holts and set my eyes again on Lady Dior..I AM IN LOVE!

BTW, here's my pic lusting for it when I was in Milan 1.5 yrs ago..:smile:

406480_10150518014252368_604617367_8568974_892671960_n.jpg

I am bias because Dior is my other favorite designer beside Chanel. I have 4 Lady Diors, one Panarea, and several porchettes. The quality of Dior surpasses Chanel. Dior also produces the morst gorgeous colors unlike all the odd color Chanel seems to produce lately. I prefer Chanel flap over Miss Dior, but have to admit that the interior compartment of Miss Dior is stunning. I wish Chanel learn something from them.

Hi Ladies,

So I am a Chanel addict and have built up a nice little collection. However, I just don't see anything that is completely standing out to me recently in Chanel and so I am thinking about possibly getting a Dior as my next major purchase...but was curious as chanel lovers what is general consensus of the Lady Dior?

I have Black Caviar Jumbo SHW, Black Caviar M/L GHW, Red ITB Flap, Patent Taupe Jumbo SHW, Black Caviar GST SHW and black caviar WOC.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

I think you have your Chanel basics well covered by your collection. I personally love Diors, but Chanel buys always get in the way. If you want another Chanel, how about getting something seasonal like the Just Madamoiselle? It's classic enough and not as squarish as your other Chanels. Just a thought.

I am in the same dilemma as well!! I'll be gg to Spain and Italy for a holiday in may and am now thinking what bags I should purchase during my holidays.. Nothing much seems to excite me as well since I already have 2 flaps and a GST.. So am considering a lady Dior or panarea... I think since u have quite a collection already, u can consider getting the lady Dior..