Thinking about buying my first LV bag

Spicy87

O.G.
Aug 19, 2009
I hope it is okay to post this here...

I've been thinking about purchasing my first LV bag for a while now and would really love to go ahead and do it this year.

Right now I have my heart set on the Epi Speedy 30 in black, but I'm not really sure if it is the right choice for my first purchase.
I'm 22 and a university student, so I'm not exactly rich, but I can definitely afford to buy one bag. For that reason I was going to go with the the black speedy, since it's a classic and never really goes out of style. The SA at the boutique also said that it is really durable.

But I'm now wondering if there any other bags at that price point (currently around 700€ in my country) that would be better suited for a LV bag newbie?
I'm not a huge fan of the monogram line, but I'm starting to warm up to it. Oh my...:girlsigh:

I hope someone can understand my "problem". :nuts:

I always recomend the mono speedy either 25 (my fav) or 30 for a first time LV purchase. I see it as a classic must have and a great starter piece for any LV collection.

The black epi speedy is just beautiful, absolutely gorgeous, and will go with both casual and dressier outfits. It really is a treasure, I think its a great bag for a first! It will last you forever and ever and ever, they are so durable you can practically drive them through a car wash to clean - Id say its perfect....

Sounds like a great start. I diden't care so much for the monogram in the beginning either.. It kind of grow on me....

It might grow on me too, but right now I'm not really conviced enough to spend that much money on it. :nuts:

I always recomend the mono speedy either 25 (my fav) or 30 for a first time LV purchase. I see it as a classic must have and a great starter piece for any LV collection.

I know it's a classic, but I still need to get over my issues with the mono line. I'm working on it, though. :biggrin:

I think the Epi black is a great choice as well. You can always buy a little bag charm to put on it if you want to jazz it up a bit.

That's a great idea! I something like that on one of my Burberry bags and it really makes a difference.

The black epi speedy is just beautiful, absolutely gorgeous, and will go with both casual and dressier outfits. It really is a treasure, I think its a great bag for a first! It will last you forever and ever and ever, they are so durable you can practically drive them through a car wash to clean - Id say its perfect....

Thank you for assuring me! :cloud9:

Thank you for all your replies! Lots of lovely people here at LV.:yahoo:
I'm also thinking about the Damier Azure Speedy right now. But I've wanted the epi one for so long...

Last edited:
I think the black epi speedy is a perfect first bag. My first LV was a green epi noe, and I still have it and still wear it. I never care about the monograms either, and still don't. If you were like me, then the next line you'll get is the damier :graucho:

I hope it is okay to post this here...

I've been thinking about purchasing my first LV bag for a while now and would really love to go ahead and do it this year.

Right now I have my heart set on the Epi Speedy 30 in black, but I'm not really sure if it is the right choice for my first purchase.
I'm 22 and a university student, so I'm not exactly rich, but I can definitely afford to buy one bag. For that reason I was going to go with the the black speedy, since it's a classic and never really goes out of style. The SA at the boutique also said that it is really durable.

But I'm now wondering if there any other bags at that price point (currently around 700€ in my country) that would be better suited for a LV bag newbie?
I'm not a huge fan of the monogram line, but I'm starting to warm up to it. Oh my...:girlsigh:

I hope someone can understand my "problem". :nuts:

I actually think the epi speedy 30 would be an excellent choice.

If you are not going to buy a lot of bags it definitely would go with everything, and is a classic!