thinking about a bow... have a question

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. hey miu miu fans!

i am thinking about treating myself to a new bag.. i have been tossing up between the mulberry alexa and the MM bow..
    i am pretty new to MM (altho i have a small shoulder bag in cow skin from aboout 6 years ago) so i dont know that much about their bags, however i really like the look of the bow, as it is a gorgeous hand bag that can be worn messenger style too (really like wearing a bag this way best, espec with a 18 month old! good to have my hands free!)
    the think i am not sure about is that most of the recent bow reveals have been glazed leather.. i am not a fan.. can you get a black bow in smooshy leather?
    thanks for your help!

2. mmm no, I don't think you can get bows in lambskin right now...I don't think I've seen them lately....

3. Yeah, that's right, I dont season 3 bows come in lambskin. I asked the SA before. I like the feeling of lambskin better, sags more naturally w/o creases. But distressed calfskin looks vintage and nice too!

Btw, does anybody knw if MM produces their bow in suede anymore? I think Suede is the best!

4. No, I don't think so, no suede bows lately.

5. You can try hunting down a circa ~2007 MMBB. Mine is smooth vitello. I always wished and prayed they came out with lambskin though, it's like butter.

6. i have an alluminio bow (in my avatar), and this summer in NYC, i bought myself a Mulberry Alexa in black. THEY'RE BOTH GORGEOUS HANDBAGS. i adore both of these bags for different reasons.
    Miu Miu Bow: pretty, feminine, fun, unique opening (with the fold-over zip), slouchy, delicate
    Mulberry Alexa: functional, bit more structured with a boxier shape, sturdy, work-appropriate, on-trend

they're both great bags for different occasions, and each of the attributes i named above could work as a pro OR a con, depending on what you're looking to use your bag for. what i also love about these bags are that they aren't as immediately recognizable to the general public, so you won't have people saying, "Oh, there's another LV." (<--- no offense to LV lovers out there! haha but you know what i mean?)

have fun deciding! =)

7. thanks for all your replies
    i popped into MM Chadstone yesterday (Melbourne) and had a look at the bows they had.. i am really not a fan of the glazed leather altho they had a beautiful dark brown one (the colour that is), which they said was new season.
    I do really like the bag but i think i am going to have to take neko's advice and hunt down an older one to get the lather i want..
    there are a cpl of evilbay at the moment that I am watching.
    Thanks!

8. I have both! I wear them both with one shoulder strap, across one shoulder only.

Alexa - I got mine in oak. Great neutral everyday handbag. Matches pretty much everything I wear. Great look for work. A bit more roomy than the bow bag, but feels less sturdy because it's quite slouchy. Mine has a base support put in for a more 'boxy' look because I prefer it that way, and suits the work 'look' better.

Bow bag - Really fun, adorable & feminine especially with the bow detail. Good with jeans, but GREAT with flirty skirts and dresses. The lambskin is nice and soft, if you like the slouchy look. I prefer the glazed leather because it looks sturdier and more hardy for day-to-day abuse!