Think Mink

Beautiful!

What a beautiful fur, a lovely Christmas gift. The colour looks perfect and really suits your skin tone. The fur looks good quality, congratulations [emoji7]

It's gorgeous, how long is it?? I can't tell from that pic [emoji8]

Gorgeous coat!! Looks fabulous on you!

Thank you for the nice compliments! It’s not a long one, just above my thigh. The color is very special. Hard to capture in the picture especially with the indoor lighting.

Reactions: Flip88 and snibor
Cross posting from the fur thread. I just returned from my grandmother‘s funeral in Germany (she was 106!!!)....and none of my cousins wanted her remaining Mink/fox coat. I already have her shorter swing jacket (which I‘m actually having shortened to waist length to modernize it), but this one is very heavy and huge on me, and I felt like it dwarfed me. I took it to a fur tailor who is going to take it in a lot (make narrower, it‘s currently A-line) and reduce the size of the collar......here are some „before“ photos....Is there anything else those of you with more experience with this kind of thing can recommend doing? The mink portion is in a chevron pattern...and is very good quality...
533d3c4564c423f862599eaa1ebd3fbf.jpg

I like the fox collar. Shortening the length & having it tailored will help a lot with the weight. You can have an accessory made from excess.
I have a vintage fl mink that is ridiculously heavy. I found out from my furrier the reason it's so heavy is because it's made of wild, not farm raised, male mink. It's a beautiful coat but since I have another fl mink coat, I can't decide if I want to restyle it or trade it in. Decisions, decisions.

For the next couple of days, it's going to be colder so I'm going to have some fur days!! YAY!

Reactions: WingNut
I like the fox collar. Shortening the length & having it tailored will help a lot with the weight. You can have an accessory made from excess.
I have a vintage fl mink that is ridiculously heavy. I found out from my furrier the reason it's so heavy is because it's made of wild, not farm raised, male mink. It's a beautiful coat but since I have another fl mink coat, I can't decide if I want to restyle it or trade it in. Decisions, decisions.

For the next couple of days, it's going to be colder so I'm going to have some fur days!! YAY!

Thanks...I‘ll see more of what kind it is while they work on it. Shortening it is an option but we are deferring that until after the sleeves and body are narrowed and the collar down-sized before deciding. It‘s really interesting the chevron pattern of the mink itself..

Despite it‘ weight it‘s not nearly as heavy as the full-length beaver (my DH‘s mother‘s) I have...that‘s another one that‘s going to need work.

When it‘s done I‘ll post photos...

Reactions: cdtracing
Thanks...I‘ll see more of what kind it is while they work on it. Shortening it is an option but we are deferring that until after the sleeves and body are narrowed and the collar down-sized before deciding. It‘s really interesting the chevron pattern of the mink itself..

Despite it‘ weight it‘s not nearly as heavy as the full-length beaver (my DH‘s mother‘s) I have...that‘s another one that‘s going to need work.

Can't wait to see the pics. I'm so sorry for your loss. Your grandmother had a very full life & the coat has family history.

Reactions: WingNut

I have a beaver with Fox trim coat and it’s my heaviest coat. I also feel it’s the warmest (compared to mink and sable).

Great news that your furrier can take in the mink for you.

I love the coat. But I would make it waist length to wear with jeans and a high boot everyday. Then save the remaining fur and have it reworked into another piece once you decide. Many people think furs should only come out for special occasions. I’m a firm believer that you can and should wear them everyday. The skins need to breath and the more you wear ... the more luxurious the fur looks and feels. My father was a mink farmer and raised minks and I am very fortunate to have had some of his skins worked into a few amazing pieces.

I love the coat. But I would make it waist length to wear with jeans and a high boot everyday. Then save the remaining fur and have it reworked into another piece once you decide. Many people think furs should only come out for special occasions. I’m a firm believer that you can and should wear them everyday. The skins need to breath and the more you wear ... the more luxurious the fur looks and feels. My father was a mink farmer and raised minks and I am very fortunate to have had some of his skins worked into a few amazing pieces.

We’d love to see! I wear fur all winter casually so I agree about wearing all the time.

Gurl...if it's cold enough, I wear fur to walk the dogs, go to the mailbox, any excuse to wear fur! That's how I roll!