Think I'm Obsessed!?

tiggycat

Jul 29, 2009
Up to about a year and a half ago I wasn't interested in bags at all - one $50 bag at a time until it wore out. I don't remember what sparked my interest, but DH says it's my main hobby now.

So this morning I was on the subway and a lady carrying a nice Coach bag sat beside me and started up a conversation.

She said "I was thinking of getting one of those, how do you like it?" I was formulating a response about all the things I love about my L.A.M.B. and must have looked confused, because she said 'your Kindle'. :lol:

oh I know! I once saw someone's signature on tPF that said something like

"She said 'I like your bag, but I can't believe you would spend that much!', Right at that moment I knew we couldn't be friends"

I know I didn't get the quote exactly right, but I loved it! So true how our love for bags becomes an obsession!

Up to about a year and a half ago I wasn't interested in bags at all - one $50 bag at a time until it wore out. I don't remember what sparked my interest, but DH says it's my main hobby now.

I am so with you on this. Then one day I found ebags and ebay, and soon I was building up a collection of $100 bags that I would baby and use in rotation. One pleather adorable bag came with a crease, and I googled how to get creases out. It lead me to tPF, and now I am hooked on leather and expecting my first RM Nikki this afternoon.

No matter where I go on the web, Purse ads bombard me, and I am constantly looking for 'the good stuff' now. I'm hooked, but I don't want to change. My DH just shrugs and says if I love purses, he doesn't get it, but he's glad it makes me happy. :yahoo:

This was me two years ago - now I'm in the shoe universe (an even slippery slope?!). I wonder what will be next.

Actually thinking back, even when I was younger I'd go through a phase of being really into something. Hmm.

Wow that is so funny... :lol:

It is so true Bags are my passion and my only hobby...

Actually I am due to change out bags, I do that once a week and I have been thinking of which one I will use next week since Thrusday... also been thinking which bag I will use this weekend..

Yes , I am an Addict...:yahoo:

It's kind of a shock for me to realise how much and how many bags I want:wtf: And my little collection IS growing, but slowly. Without the income it's difficult, but I'm happy and enjoying living vicariously through all your collections ladies, so please keep buying:graucho:

I remember when I was obsessed with bags.. well I still am but not as much as before because before I was like a maniac over bags.. now it moved on to nail polish lol. I think we all are obsessed with something but thankfully tpf was created to satisfy our obsession :smile:

When I was young (18-25) I collected and used nail polish and makeup of all kinds, had a whole drawer full, and now I only use clear polish and lipstick (no reason to have more than one polish at a time, and I have 4 or 5 lipsticks that I pick from to match my outfit) - maybe the bags are taking their place!

Editted to add the reason I was 18 at start was I wasn't allowed to use nail polish or makeup at home - living with my grandmother who used one handbag for 30 years!

Last edited:
I'm obsessed with bags, but very in love with my current collection (and broke) so I probably won't be adding to it for a while. My roommate who is completely not into handbags knows how much I love my bags and won't even allow me to sell any of mine because she doesn't want to deal with how sad I'd be. When I had a bad day I actually sit in the middle of my closet and play with my purses until I feel better :yes:

i did that
i was at fry's buying a memory stick a few years ago
i was carrying my lv cherry blossom retro and they cashier asked me is that real? and i was like "of course it is" but then i realized that i was wearing my giant crystal banana republic ring and she meant that... whoops
hahaha