Think I'm Obsessed!?

tiggycat

Jul 29, 2009
Up to about a year and a half ago I wasn't interested in bags at all - one $50 bag at a time until it wore out. I don't remember what sparked my interest, but DH says it's my main hobby now.

So this morning I was on the subway and a lady carrying a nice Coach bag sat beside me and started up a conversation.

She said "I was thinking of getting one of those, how do you like it?" I was formulating a response about all the things I love about my L.A.M.B. and must have looked confused, because she said 'your Kindle'. :lol:

LabelLover81

Peace Love & Purses
O.G.
Mar 5, 2010
Virginia
oh I know! I once saw someone's signature on tPF that said something like

"She said 'I like your bag, but I can't believe you would spend that much!', Right at that moment I knew we couldn't be friends"

I know I didn't get the quote exactly right, but I loved it! So true how our love for bags becomes an obsession!

Cocolo

~NiceGirl My Butt!~
Sep 24, 2010
New York
Up to about a year and a half ago I wasn't interested in bags at all - one $50 bag at a time until it wore out. I don't remember what sparked my interest, but DH says it's my main hobby now.
I am so with you on this. Then one day I found ebags and ebay, and soon I was building up a collection of $100 bags that I would baby and use in rotation. One pleather adorable bag came with a crease, and I googled how to get creases out. It lead me to tPF, and now I am hooked on leather and expecting my first RM Nikki this afternoon.

No matter where I go on the web, Purse ads bombard me, and I am constantly looking for 'the good stuff' now. I'm hooked, but I don't want to change. My DH just shrugs and says if I love purses, he doesn't get it, but he's glad it makes me happy. :yahoo:

5elle

May 21, 2009
This was me two years ago - now I'm in the shoe universe (an even slippery slope?!). I wonder what will be next.

Actually thinking back, even when I was younger I'd go through a phase of being really into something. Hmm.

COACH ADDICT

"We're all born naked and the rest is drag" RUPAUL
O.G.
Apr 27, 2009
An ever changing life with Steady Love...
Wow that is so funny... :lol:

It is so true Bags are my passion and my only hobby...

Actually I am due to change out bags, I do that once a week and I have been thinking of which one I will use next week since Thrusday... also been thinking which bag I will use this weekend..

Yes , I am an Addict...:yahoo:

Catdance

Sep 6, 2010
Italy
It's kind of a shock for me to realise how much and how many bags I want:wtf: And my little collection IS growing, but slowly. Without the income it's difficult, but I'm happy and enjoying living vicariously through all your collections ladies, so please keep buying:graucho:

ipudgybear

Jan 23, 2010
I remember when I was obsessed with bags.. well I still am but not as much as before because before I was like a maniac over bags.. now it moved on to nail polish lol. I think we all are obsessed with something but thankfully tpf was created to satisfy our obsession :smile:

denim53

O.G.
Apr 5, 2008
I tried to become obsessed with nail polish and jewelry, but it was no use. I only crave handbags!!!

tiggycat

Jul 29, 2009
When I was young (18-25) I collected and used nail polish and makeup of all kinds, had a whole drawer full, and now I only use clear polish and lipstick (no reason to have more than one polish at a time, and I have 4 or 5 lipsticks that I pick from to match my outfit) - maybe the bags are taking their place!

Editted to add the reason I was 18 at start was I wasn't allowed to use nail polish or makeup at home - living with my grandmother who used one handbag for 30 years!

Last edited:

McLoverly

O.G.
Oct 7, 2006
I'm obsessed with bags, but very in love with my current collection (and broke) so I probably won't be adding to it for a while. My roommate who is completely not into handbags knows how much I love my bags and won't even allow me to sell any of mine because she doesn't want to deal with how sad I'd be. When I had a bad day I actually sit in the middle of my closet and play with my purses until I feel better :yes:

ms p

so blessed
O.G.
Jan 9, 2007
She said "I was thinking of getting one of those, how do you like it?" I was formulating a response about all the things I love about my L.A.M.B. and must have looked confused, because she said 'your Kindle'. :lol:
:roflmfao: i know i'll react in the same way as u did :P

Mar 3, 2010
Honolulu, Hawaii
i did that
i was at fry's buying a memory stick a few years ago
i was carrying my lv cherry blossom retro and they cashier asked me is that real? and i was like "of course it is" but then i realized that i was wearing my giant crystal banana republic ring and she meant that... whoops
hahaha