think im making friends w/ my mad. shoulder bags gold hardware, but its a challenge

just1morebag

#PaiNT IT!!!!
O.G.
Jun 7, 2008
i am really lovin my shoulder bags,, & unfortunatly all of em that ive bought w/ the exception of the silver one that hasnt gotten here yet,,,have the gold hardware,,, well we all know that coach loves to put that on alot of their bags & won't make that many gold & brass fobs etc,,, well this is my purple bag done up in bold gold:P!! do any of you struggle w/ this?? i regularly wear silver or gunmetal jewelry so its kind of a challenge,, but maybe i shouldnt let it bug me,, what do all of you think about the hardware issue,, and how do you decorate to enhance or detract from the gold.
2010-11-27_13-49-45_555-1.jpg
2010-11-27_13-46-53_789-1.jpg

i think tomorrow im going to do some more decorating w/ my black & red shoulders and see how many ways i can try to befriend my brass hardware babies,,,, i can hardly wait to see my silver one!!!

I love how you accessorized with the Goldie fob. Super cute. I don't know about you but when I don't have something that matches, I just buy something else to make it match. You could get some more gold tone jewelery. If you really don't want to do that, just don't wear too much jewelery when you wear this bag. At least then you don't have to worry about having the gold match the accessories you are wearing.

I'm excited to see your silver shoulder bag and how you're going to dress them up. :smile:

/\/\ ITA! Buy some gold toned jewelry. That is what I have done. LOL!
And I like doing scarves on my big black Mad Shoulder...whether it be Tartan, Ocelot, or pink sig with crystals. This, imho, is definitely a scarf bag.
I have no idea why on earth they made Goldy with silver hardware. That still puzzles me. I have not used my Goldy yet because of this. LOL!
She looks great with that one, though.

i guess im going to let it go then...im not a gold girl so once i got my sabrina that ive been wanting forever i realized that i now have a bag with gold/brass hardware. most of my jewelry is silver or white gold and i never wear it b/c i feel weird that my bag is gold?! i dont know why i bugs me but does...and i'm going to try and let it go....AND YOUR BAG looks great with the scarf.

I am not a fan of the gold / brass hardware either, but wow, yours looks really great esp. with that Goldy fob! I am not sold on the scarf, I think because of the print on it. If it were just goldish/brown, I think it would pop on the bag a bit more (jmo).

I love how you accessorized with the Goldie fob. Super cute. I don't know about you but when I don't have something that matches, I just buy something else to make it match. You could get some more gold tone jewelery. If you really don't want to do that, just don't wear too much jewelery when you wear this bag. At least then you don't have to worry about having the gold match the accessories you are wearing.

I'm excited to see your silver shoulder bag and how you're going to dress them up. :smile:
yeah,, lol,,, im on a mission to buy more gold stuff to accessorize now,,, thats exactly my prob:nuts: im very excited to see the silver and will post pics

/\/\ ITA! Buy some gold toned jewelry. That is what I have done. LOL!
And I like doing scarves on my big black Mad Shoulder...whether it be Tartan, Ocelot, or pink sig with crystals. This, imho, is definitely a scarf bag.
I have no idea why on earth they made Goldy with silver hardware. That still puzzles me. I have not used my Goldy yet because of this. LOL!
She looks great with that one, though.
yep,, ive gone w/ kinda bronze brass jewelry,, i can do that easier than gold,,, but i am thinken its not so bag to mix em,,,, brighton used to do it:nuts:

I love the way you decorated your bag - purple looks great with gold
thanx nancy

ooohhh shes gorgeous!!! love the purple. i too hate how coach makes so many charms with silver hardware. i prefer gold tones,so most of my bags have the brass.
thanx N_F, i really think im liken it too!!

I dont think that I have ever once worried about my purse's hardware matching my jewelry ladies. LOL
i didnt used to have these issues either,,, i guess cause of all the hardware on the bags it really is noticable to me now

Me either I never match :smile:

Wow, OP, I love how that scarf looks on your purple shoulder bag! Beautiful!
thanx eb,, im liken her too:biggrin:

i guess im going to let it go then...im not a gold girl so once i got my sabrina that ive been wanting forever i realized that i now have a bag with gold/brass hardware. most of my jewelry is silver or white gold and i never wear it b/c i feel weird that my bag is gold?! i dont know why i bugs me but does...and i'm going to try and let it go....AND YOUR BAG looks great with the scarf.
yeah,, enjoy your bag,,, even if it has brass,, i think i like both now!!

It's funny..I am a very matchy person but I could not care less about jewelry matching the hardware of a bag..Love what you did with the purple...Goldie looks really cute :smile:
thanx redgirl3

I am not a fan of the gold / brass hardware either, but wow, yours looks really great esp. with that Goldy fob! I am not sold on the scarf, I think because of the print on it. If it were just goldish/brown, I think it would pop on the bag a bit more (jmo).
thanx ildera5

That looks gorgeous!

Personally, I'm high maintenance - I cannot function without having a matching wallet and I only like silver, so any of the bags with gold hardware are out for me.
thanx afineskyline,,, you should check out the silver gunmetal than,,, i just ordered one in the shoulder bag,,, cant wait to get it!!!