think im making friends w/ my mad. shoulder bags gold hardware, but its a challenge

I love how you accessorized the bag--the scarf adds a golden but not gold tone to the bag, and when I read how you wear bronze tone jewelery, I think that would look REALLY good with this bag--esp with the scarf and how you added Goldy. I think you are working with vs. against the "issue" of the gold not being your ultimate fave, by highlighting/accenting the leather of the bag instead. Your eye is drawn to your accents vs. the gold coach hardware. I think you did a great job.

Cannot wait to see your silver one. I remember earlier in the month when one of my SAs discovered how MSB was being released in the gunmetal, she YELPED, "Get out!" She thinks this one will sell out!

Your purse looks beautiful and I love how you dressed it up, but...

for me personally, adding the gold scarf and charm only brings out the gold hardware more and if you are not a gold hardware fan like I am, I would find that makes accepting the gold hardware more challenging if that makes sense. Just my opinion though. I'm not trying to say your bag looks ugly with that stuff on. It matches really well and looks amazing!

I dunno, I just can't do the gold or brass hardware. What I've noticed though is that on the two bags I do own with brass hardware, they are siggy bags or have some kind of design on them, and that detracts my attention from the hardware. Plus the bags have very little hardware to begin with. Just the rings that attach the handles to the bag and a buckle or something at the strap.

Anyway, I still love your bag! I couldn't buy it personally because there is so much gold, but the Madison shoulder bag is an amazing bag. I hope they will have more silver hardware options in the future, I also agree that purple is the bomb!

I love how you accessorized the bag--the scarf adds a golden but not gold tone to the bag, and when I read how you wear bronze tone jewelery, I think that would look REALLY good with this bag--esp with the scarf and how you added Goldy. I think you are working with vs. against the "issue" of the gold not being your ultimate fave, by highlighting/accenting the leather of the bag instead. Your eye is drawn to your accents vs. the gold coach hardware. I think you did a great job.

Cannot wait to see your silver one. I remember earlier in the month when one of my SAs discovered how MSB was being released in the gunmetal, she YELPED, "Get out!" She thinks this one will sell out!
oh wow,,i bet it will,,, i tried the sophia that they had in the store in the silver and it was "to die for",,, so im sure its going to be incredible!! thanx proff!!! your always so encouraging!!:biggrin:
Your bag is really pretty.
thanx

I don't even bother worrying about matching. I just mix metals.
yeah i used to by lp all the time w/ the big brass hardware and loved it & didnt give it a second thought,,,, now i think about it more for some reason
I am glad hardware is not a problem for me - because I would not have any Coach -
i think coach is the reason i started worrying about it,,, w/ all the fobs and etc:nuts:

Your purse looks beautiful and I love how you dressed it up, but...

for me personally, adding the gold scarf and charm only brings out the gold hardware more and if you are not a gold hardware fan like I am, I would find that makes accepting the gold hardware more challenging if that makes sense. Just my opinion though. I'm not trying to say your bag looks ugly with that stuff on. It matches really well and looks amazing!

I dunno, I just can't do the gold or brass hardware. What I've noticed though is that on the two bags I do own with brass hardware, they are siggy bags or have some kind of design on them, and that detracts my attention from the hardware. Plus the bags have very little hardware to begin with. Just the rings that attach the handles to the bag and a buckle or something at the strap.

Anyway, I still love your bag! I couldn't buy it personally because there is so much gold, but the Madison shoulder bag is an amazing bag. I hope they will have more silver hardware options in the future, I also agree that purple is the bomb!
yeah i added it to bring out the gold since i couldnt escape from it,,, lol,, but its cool,,, im actually diggin it now & will buy the first ones that come out w/ silver!! but by then will probably be into the brass & gold ones so much that it wont matter.:biggrin:

I were only gold jewelry and most of my bags with the exception of a couple have silver hardware. I really prefer the brass Hardware not the gold. Although I don't match my jewelry to my bag. I like to match my accessories(only wristlets or wallets) hardware to my bags. I have a few keyfobs, but I don't attach them to my bags.

I really love the scarf on her! It looks cute.
And i never match bags to jewelry bc im too lazy :smile: but i think siler and gold looks nice mixed sometimes!
yeah i think so too,,, as long as its shiny or muted together,,, i think

I think you did a great job with this bag.
thanx ralewi,,, yes i think the black one and the crimson is absolutly stunning w/ the brass,,, i just had to adjust to the purple w/ the brass,,, i dont know why though,,, i had a linea pelle awhile back that i just adored that had the big brass hardware,,, go figure
I looooooove gold hardware! Wouldn't it be awesome if coach allowed you to purchase extra hardware and designed their bags so that the hardware can be changed? Ahh... one can wish!
or if they let you design your own fobs,,??? that would be great wouldnt it!!!

Funny, I don't usually go for the gold/brass hardware either but I really want the black Madison shoulder bag! I put it on my wishlist for DH and he said "eww, really? it has gold on it!" I had to laugh at him!