Things you won't spend good $$$ on

1. Exclusive early access to the Fendi.com online sale for TPFers! To access, hit the link above, then navigate to Woman and then SALE to get early access before anyone else!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. in the short period that i've become fascinated with handbags, i've come to some very definite ideas about what i would and would not spend my hard-earned money on, no matter how famous the designer or how good a bargain. here's my list:

1. i won't blow hundreds of dollars on a monogram anything;
    2. anything made of canvas;
    3. "pretty" on the outside, but ugly lining;
    4. appliques!
    5. anything with hearts
    6. anything made from a reptile (because i like reptiles!)

how about you?

2. i quote you!!
    especially for the monogram thing.
    and i wouldn't spend lots of mney on something a lot ofpeople have:shame:

3. 1. nylon (sorry, miuccia)
    2. stiff leather
    3. straps that don't stay put
    4. all-over studding or other adornment
    5. bags with pictures of things (IF tattoo bags, etc)

4. Unless it's on sale or I get it for a bargain...

1. Nylon (all my kate spades, except for one, I got on sale)
    2. An all - fur bag (scared of zipper getting caught and ruining the bag)
    3. Rubber
    4. I haven't gotten a tweed bag yet and always disliked it but it can change soon
    5. Brands I just don't like

I used to think I will never own a suede bag cause it's expensive and hard to take care of. I have two suede bags now. I eat my words.

5. I'm with you. Also bags that have a lot of "texture" (e.g. the new LV suede bags with the raised/appliqued floral pattern) because they tend to start to look shabby after the first few times someone brushes against them. I also won't spend good money on something that just doesn't fit with my style or needs.

6. 1) nylon over $180
    2) fur bags b/c they are tacky
    3) denim bags
    4) patent leather
    5) faux croc/lizard/aligator/eel/snake/etc
    6) pony hair
    7) rubber
    8) leather-like
    9) suede

I think that about wraps my list up.

7. nylon/microfiber bags
    fake anything
    leatherette (what is that?)
    anything that is freying in store or has loose thread
    any bag that is over $700 that doesn't make me dream about it. (If it's constantly on my mind, i find a way to afford it)

8. nylon - it's not worth it
    fur bags - looks like carrying a dead animal
    patent leather - tacky to me

9. My thoughts exactly. Although I have to add real snake, lizard, eel skins.

10. Anything pleather...once I spent $250 on a bag...not alot but enough...got home realized it was pleather took it immediately back to the store...how can they sell junk w/ a pricetag like that....

11. Just certain colours (not the 'very popular last year' teal, for example), and certain designers.

12. Piquedame my Mono Canvas Collection wuld give you the hives :nuts: !! Anyways I don't drop cash (let say over $300) on:
    1. Suede, I love it though, just too high maintenance
    2. Really anything trendy, I define trendy pretty narrowily, eg studded bags
    3. Nylon as well

13. 1 - Nylon (No offense Prada) :p
    2 - Pleather or any fake leather
    3 - Bags with excess fringe, strings, beads etc.
    4 - Yellow bags :sick:
    5 - See through bags

14. I am going to sound like everyone else here:

1 - nylon/canvas/fake leather of any kind
    2 - snake
    3 - really anything that is too outside of my visual comfort zone; novelty is okay for under $50; but, not more than that. If it has a wearability rating of 2 or less I will not spend more than $50 on it.

15. Anything crocheted/knit, with a drawstring, python or lizard, fringe, western-themed, too metallic and shiny, pleather or vinyl, and anything that cannot be carred comfortably.