Things you WANT but would never buy for yourself

Okay, this is off topic a little, but I wanted to share my adopted philosophy with you girl, cause you sound like me in so many other ways!

1. Expensive body lotions and shower gels (I never buy these for myself unless they are on steep sale)
No you don't, you want ONE kind of lotion and gel. Something that smells like heaven on you. Your signature scent! If you wear it everyday, people will notice, exp a BF, and people WILL remember for birthdays and holidays. I promise! When I switched from trying whatever was on sale to one more expensive scent, I was suddenly gifted with it left and right. It's an easy gift for someone who's stumped on what to get you. Now I have a small stockpile of the whole collection! LoL

2. A really nice hair dryer
This you must splurge on, esp if hair is important to you. If you use one everyday, the price per wear number goes down to near nothing, and you will save the money you would have spent on hair repair! I saved a little and got the best I could afford, and it does wonders for time and condition of my long hair. ALWAYS spend more on a quality item you will use every day if you can :tup:

3. Christian Louboutin heels (can't bring myself to spend $600 on shoes... yet)
Ok, I have a hard time with this one too, and for me it's MB. But instead of putting my money on a glitzy pair, I get the most versatile MB pair I can find each season, and the most wearable, then I do! I wear them into destruction! My first MB sandals were nude with little wood accents, and they got paired with everything. And I get compliments everywhere! But I gotta admit... I've still never spent $600 :shame:

4. A big train case for all my makeup
Do this. You must get this. It doesn't have to be LV, Sephora has great sturdy ones that are very chic and utilitarian too! Save up.. a starbucks here, more efficent makeup use there (like no extemporaneous lipgloss grabs!) a gift card there... I got the best Sephora had to offer at the time to house all my precious Bobbi Brown make up and even my DH admires it! It is sturdy enough to sit by my vanity on the floor, and after over a year, looks brand new despite constant use. Much cheaper than a bunch of less inexpensive cases I had to throw away when they got beat up!

5. A tin of caviar!
You got me there. I just prefer it on my Sushi ;)

If you can cut out little extra things, your basics get much nicer... and you feel a little spoiled every day:graucho:

I'm of the school of thought that you shouldn't depend on anyone but yourself for any luxury items.

But there are two things I'd make an exception for, for obvious reasons:
- an engagement ring and
- Cartier Love collection

1.) Jewelry...was *this* close to purchasing some this past black Friday, but resisted. I never wear my jewelry!
2.) Designer sunglasses. I want a pair from Louis Vuitton, but I know it's not meant to be. I always either break or lose my cheaper pairs...and this past Thanksgiving I lost another pair! :cursing:
3.) A pair of Louboutin heels. Probably a good investment, but I don't wear heels too often to begin with.
4.) I want to say bags and accessories, but I always end up doing it!:shame: