Thigh High Boots Yay or Nay

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I bought a pair of black thigh high boots today and I really like them but im worried they look a bit sl*ggy and im not sure what id wear them with in public!! Ive attached a few pics of them with a skirt so let me know what you think. Honest opinions please!!!

P.S Ignore the mess and the horrible mirror!!

Attached Files:

2. I think they would look better tighter in the calves but they still r nice!

I think the proportions are off w/ the baggyness.

Maybe try a pair of patterend tights or a pair of leggings to further evaluate?

I wouldn't give up on them just yet :biggrin:

3. Finding thigh-highs that fit perfectly is always very difficult.

I know you are prob showing the boots with a short skirt so we can see the boots but I think they woud look better w leggings, slim trous or knee length skirt (which shows the boots as you walk).

4. i wear mine with leggings or jeans never a skirt it gives a better line i feel and i always wear a long top

5. I think they look really good on you... I would go with a simpler skirt without so many seams with a statement boot though... to keep it more demure, wear black or dark tights under your skirt.

Also try the boots with leggings, and skinny jeans. Can I ask the maker of the boots?

6. I bought them from River Island, £20 off! R.e the skirt, yeh i think it would be better with a simpler skirt, i was thinking like a light blue or even light blue skinny jeans as well, im trying to find a nice pair at the min for summer!

7. Oh I miss River Island - I haven't been to the UK in ages!

8. Are you originally from the UK then? River Island does have some good stuff, had hoped to find a pair of nice jeans but wasnt keen on any! Might have to try H n M instead!

9. I think I would only wear with leggings and a skirt....then again, I don't own any for that reason alone: they really do get a LOT of attention, and it's not safe sometimes to be out wearing them, lol

10. Interesting to know...still I can always keep them for indoor use... :blush::roflmfao:

11. No, but my mother is British and I've been several times to visit family. I miss the shopping!

12. i dont know the price but if they were cheap id say SCORE!!!! I think they look great! if youve paid a decent amount....you could might be able to get a better fit. Id like to see a side view...with heel and all. Overall from what youve posted. they look great.

13. like another member said, I don't like the proportions. Sorry...

14. They were £39.99 which I thought for the shop and the boots was a decent price which certainly tempted me! I will try get a side view shot to post!