Thieves using LV Boutique Pics on EBAY?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Jun 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
  2. The link doesn't want to work for me but I'm not surprised by that type of behaviour. These types of scammers have been around for ages and their preferred pics are usually stolen off of sites like this one...I even had one of my pics, a Speedy and Ellipse sitting together, stolen and then posted by a scammer to be 'sold' together for $500 (or something like that, I can't remember the exact amount) and unfortunately some poor soul 'won' the bid. Pics taken from inside an actual LV store would only serve to be more convincing to the unsuspecting buyer unfortunately.

3. Ouch, that bag is selling for over $1K with 3 bids. I'm going to feel sorry for the winner, there is a 99% chance s/he is going to receive a fake. Poor thing.

ETA: here is a screenshot of the listing. You might have to highlight the link, copy it, and then paste it to your browser in order for it to work. For some reason I couldn't click on it, either.

Attached Files:

• temp.png
      temp.png
      File size:
      249.3 KB
      Views:
  4. I changed the links. Should work now.

5. I actually managed to find it by doing a quick search on eBay. This whole thing just reeks of a scam; there's no way that someone is going to go and purchase a brand new LV, take several photos like those, and then turn around and generously sell said item for a significantly reduced price (so not a reseller or someone with buyer's remorse and can no longer return or exchange it). This also can't be notified as a counterfeit since the bag shown is an authentic.

6. I've seen these kind of listing many time and in my option there all scammers, this is so the pics are of a authentication bag. I always pass on such listings, I sometimes ask for a few pics of the item that the listing doesn't have just to verify that they have the item that is in listing and when someone won't give me the photos I always pass. It's sad that so many people seem to bid on these clearly bogus listings.

7. I love the detailed description. Lol. I can't believe anyone would actually be short sighted enough to bid on these, especially at this price point. Pity.

8. Well, there is a sucker born every minute! But I do think they are bidding on their own auctions as well.