Thickskin Handbags?

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Has anyone ever bought a Thickskin bag or seen one in person? I've only seen them online, but I was wondering about the quality. Here are a few pictures and information from the website. Thanks!

thickskin.net

The VIP bag (The one I want...:love: )

[​IMG]

The Rockstar Bag
    [​IMG]

The Vice VIP bag
    [​IMG]

The Manbag :lol:
    [​IMG]

The Bucket
    [​IMG]

2. LOL - I love these bags...I bought a bucket last month - it has been on backorder; I should have it early next month, April.

This will be my first Thickskin bag, I plan to purchase more of them if the bucket becomes one of my faves.

I will be sure to post pics and give a full quality rundown when it arrives. :biggrin:

3. Oh, the VIP in that tan color is available, on sale, at blondette.com.

I believe it was marked down to $440.

4. I've been stalking that site trying to decide. I emailed them and they told me that the bag is darker in person; the picture makes it look much lighter than it is.

5. If it were darker that would be good, IMO.

It is a real great price - I wonder how many they have left?

I don't think I'll get my bucket to tell you about the leather for at least 7-14 more days.

6. Loganz, which color did you get?

7. I got the black cannibal leather; it will have black zippers, and a hammered copper buckle.

I have been waiting so long for it, I kind of forget that it is coming.

Would you believe I don't have a black bag right now. :biggrin:

8. Oooh, yummy! :love:

Just curious, were you able to use any of the promo's on the bag? I am finding it hard now to purchase a bag that I can't find a deal on! :lol:

9. Nice, casual, vintage-y bags. Love them. Will be checking them out.

10. Blondette does not offer the full Thickskin line; I bought the black bucket direct from the Thickskin website. No promos :sad:

11. Those look like tough bags! Is it really durable and tough? I'd get one if it is!

12. As soon as mine arrives I will be sure and start a thread, or post to this one.

Thickskin is a small company and when I had questions about inventory and my order it was the owner/founder of the company who was emailing me back. She even answered my first question on a Sunday. :smile:

I may have had to wait a while for the bag, but, the service has been great so far, and I don't mind waiting for quality product that is not mass produced.

13. ^^ thanks! Do let me know. Very interested!

14. They are sold at a store about 30 minutes from where I live. After seeing your email, I became intrigued (I also love that VIP), and I'm going to check them out today.
    I will let you know!

15. Awesome, can't wait to hear more about them. Have a fun shopping day. :biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice