They've messed up the price....

LuvBirkin

O.G.
Nov 13, 2006
On tuesday I was told the nylon phone strap I've always wanted is now available, so on the next day I went to the store to pick it up. Over the phone I was informed the price is approx. USD 230 but at the shop (the SA over the phone is day off) the price on the tag (with a tiny b/w photo of the strap) has become apporx USD 346. Since I've lost track on the price increase I just paid cash for the strap and leave. Yesterday the SA called and said they've messed up the price and it should be USD 230. She said the difference will be put in the shop for store credit....

Though I can always get something at H by using the credit, do you think I should ask if I can get back cash, since afterall it's their carelessness leading to the embarassment? :confused1:

duncan_

O.G.
Jan 26, 2007
I think it is very reasonable for them to refund you in cash since that was entirely their fault. I once purchased a ring from Tiffany and was offered in half of the original price because the computer system messed up the price, they even apologized to me for the mistake that they made.That I called great service by reputable company.

Liberté

O.G.
Jan 5, 2007
Offering you store credit is actually kind of rude. It's like they're saying oh, we made a mistake, you paid too much, but we're still taking your money. :rolleyes: If you know you want something right away I'd not make a fuss about it though. Not worth the hassle. IMO.

kshin30

O.G.
Apr 4, 2007
You can get cash back. I had this happen to me and for some reason their computers don't issue cash back as easily but they can do it with some help from the manager. When this happened to me, it took 30 minutes for them to figure out how to give me the cash back.

A-T-G

Howz that ban?
Nov 6, 2006
I don't think asking for cash back is unreasonable...I'd do it! They made the mistake! It's not as if you've tried to return something. I'm sure it's easier for them to issue credit but, I'd recommend a refund back to your cc.

LuvBirkin

O.G.
Nov 13, 2006
Thanks all of you! I called the shop again and the SA said she has opened the account for me (for the credit) yesterday already, if I insist to get the refund, then she'll need to report the whole thing to the regional office blah blah and she'll get the "black mark" etc. Sigh I think if that'll cause so much paperwork and hassles (let alone that SA will be blamed by the store) then I'll just leave it alone..... :shrugs: