THEY'RE SELLING FAKES AT MY UNIVERSITY!! and what I did about it...

I'm so proud of you. No university should condone fakes, which are illegal. Instead of sitting around moaning, you put it into action. Thank you for your hard work!

I hope someone gets some bad publicty out of this.

Wow! Good for you, girlie! You are persistent and you took time out of your life to pursue and make the so called "authorities" do the right thing. Please keep us posted, and I hope that you'll be posting a link to your local newspaper and maybe even the national news picking up this news story. Fakes are fakes - counterfeit is counterfeit. All of these handbags are made in China - wonder what the lead content is? LOL - all of these problems that Mattel is having with their Chinese made toys! Again, thanks for doing this for all of us!

The SHOCK! The HORROR! Ok I don't go to Harvard or Yale (yet anyway:graucho:) but a university is a university and should have some standards. I was on my way to get some lunch today when BAM! UGLY ORANGE RUBBERY FENDI. I was like :amazed::weird::sick:. Then I saw some Coach, and upon closer inspection, some Gucci! ALL FAKE. ALL with the logos/names spelled correctly.

Why is this wrong? Not only is this illegal, but it is immoral for several reasons. Fakes support child labor (and other things, google it), and fall apart quickly. They also don't come cheap. I used to believe that anything sold at my university was legal and safe..until now. Other well-intentioned students who may not be bag-fanatics may therefore think these bags are real and at a good price. The seller only tells them they are "replicas" (still not telling them they are illegal) if they ASK.

What I did: I've never done anything like this at all but once I got the ball rolling I just went at it. When no one was taking me seriously I decided to do everything I could to prove them that it IS important. Its not just about bags either, its also the principle. I doubt they'd let me sell dope on campus. What about some rolex's? How about I put some home-made soda in a coke can and sell it? So I ran around campus for hours as people told me to "take it to someone else", and eventually:
- Informed the Student Union who authorized the dealer to sell. When they brushed me off I..
- Talked to the Police. They filed a report and will.."let me know in a few days". So I..
- Called the City Police and asked them if this was legal. They informed me that it was ILLEGAL, but can not make any arrests or force anyone to do anything unless the companies (ie Fendi) make a complaint. So I..
- Filed a complaint to the student life office about the student union for allowing this without checking things out and ignoring me when I pointed the facts out.
- Talked to the editor of the school newspaper who took interest and investigated the case immediately, promising to put it in the paper.
- Contacted other reporters for some main newspapers for the city/local areas. One of them got back to me and forwarded the info to her editor because she thinks its juicy stuff ("Respectable University allowing the sale of Illegal Goods").

Phew! So yeah, tiring day, sorry for the rant but this is my small piece in preventing people from wasting money on knock offs. I HATED how everyone looked at me like.."uhh..so? Who cares? You expect us to DO something about this?". What the :rant:. They made me feel like I was doing something wrong :crybaby:Did I?

u r just oh so FREAKIN' AWESOME!!! :woohoo:

you go girl!! It takes a strong and dedicated person to go through all that to stand up for what they believe in, GREAT job! keep us updated!

Thats so awesome that you did that! Most people would have been like whatever but thats really cool that you made sure something was done about, so many people just don't even care, or care to think about things.