They're going in!

I personally think the shorter tassels give the bag a more classy look. I love the tassels, but i don't like them being long either. Call me crazy, but thats part of the reason i like the new hardware more too.

Whatever happened to the tassles? The only thing I'm not crazy about with the eggplant MAM I have coming is the tassles - I'm not a tassle person and considered just taking them off entirely but then the bag would be harder to open and close. Shortening them would be great but who out there would provide this service?

Linda

I am so THRILLED!!! I contacted RM today and they will custom make shorter tassles for my MAM in Eggplant!! It's $10 and then $10 for shipping, well worth it. :yahoo:

Linda

Oh, wow!! I love this idea! LindaP, are you sending them your old tassels or are they just making you another set of shorter ones? I have the eggplant mam too and would love the tassels shorter!!

Gung, did you send yours in? What happened??

They're making me new shorter ones, they asked me how long I wanted them and I said 9 inches would be great. I had already done a little measuring and figured out that for my taste this would be the perfect length. If you want to order them call it in to Cory since there isn't a way to do so via the website. I can't wait! I love everything about the bag except the tassels are just too long for my taste, I also find that they get in way when I go to set the bag down.

Zombie Girl, it's hard to say, I'm sure they would look great with the new hardware but the new hardware also has the zipper pulls and I don't know how you'd attach them? On my zippers the tassels are looped through large rings.

Linda

Thank you, Linda!! I emailed Cory to see if I can get mine shortened! My dh could probably do it too but he wasn't sure if he could reuse the gold rivets or not. I think shorter tassels will be perfect though!

Thank you, Linda!! I emailed Cory to see if I can get mine shortened! My dh could probably do it too but he wasn't sure if he could reuse the gold rivets or not. I think shorter tassels will be perfect though!

Well I wasn't going to admit this but my DH tried to pry them off and one of the rivets broke! :shame: So then I emailed RM about possibly just getting a couple of rivets and that's when they said they could custom make some tassels for me and I was so very releived!! I really don't want to try and attempt this again myself, lol.

The person that did her own bag (the gray bag shown early in this thread) managed to stretch her leather over and off the rivet (I think) so she didn't fool with prying them apart at all. But when I tried stretching the leather it just looked like it was stretching too much and I was afraid of what it would look like when all is said and done.

Needless to say I am thrilled the tassels will be professionally taken care of and I will soon haver shorter ones which I much prefer. :smile:

Linda

Linda, that's what I figured was that the other poster had stretched her leather around the rivets but the leather could stretch more with use and then the rivet would just fall out. My dh used to work on jets and used rivets alot so he told me that if I could find rivets he'd do it. (same as your dh) But I want the color to be right so am glad to hear that RM will make some! Are you sending in your long ones or are they making completely new ones? I can't wait to hear back from Cory! I love how the shorter tassels change the look of the bag!!

Linda, that's what I figured was that the other poster had stretched her leather around the rivets but the leather could stretch more with use and then the rivet would just fall out. My dh used to work on jets and used rivets alot so he told me that if I could find rivets he'd do it. (same as your dh) But I want the color to be right so am glad to hear that RM will make some! Are you sending in your long ones or are they making completely new ones? I can't wait to hear back from Cory! I love how the shorter tassels change the look of the bag!!

I'm keeping the long ones and they are making me entirely new ones which is nice because then you can have both - well if you don't break a rivet like I did, lol. I'm still going to try and replace it - just because I have to have a broken tassel - even if I never use it. :smile:

Linda