They won't talk....

It's their loss, not yours. Some people are just lame and can't see beyond a sticker price. I agree with almost all the advice people have given here. Stay strong and hang in there! You'll find the right friends for you! :heart:

You can sometimes guess what ppl's reaction would be and judge yourself whether it's ok to tell them. When someone asks how much my expensive things are...I just say that "I dont know, my mom gave it to me" or..."it's expensive, but i worked for it all summer". For some of my wealthier friends, they usually dont ask unless they're interested in buying it too.

It's hard to meet ppl in university. I can understand you very well. Most of my friends are guys and i dont really have any girl friends to shop with...

Come to toronto! I'll be your friend :party:

how nice if all PFers stayed in the same place.. no accusations of being snobbish, snooty, spendthrift or crazy.. just pure friendship with an underlying understanding and passion for bags/fashion :tender:

Well, I have a rule of never saying how much my things cost :smile:

I think that is generally a pretty good rule, especially if it is someone whom you don't know well. If all else fails say something like, "It was a gift" and move on!

Oh and FWIW, I actually thought it was pretty hard to actually make friends in college. I just never had anything in common with most of your typical college kids. It was almost a surreal experience. Hang in there. The "real world" has been a much better experience for me! I made more friends once I was out working in my field and met people with extremely similar interests. It gets better.

Thanks for all the posts. Its crazy, but I'm really outgoing! I can talk to anybody, (maybe thats my problem) hahaha... But when I do talk to another girl, I feel like I have to put myself down infront of her, like complaing about stupid things about myself, so she won't hate me and she will see that I'm normal. Its weird. But I just feel like some girls soley judge on what you have and what you look like. Most of my friends would be concidered the "outcasts" , but I don't label anybody.

Hi! You sound just like me, when I was at uni I would use my LV to carry my law books and everyone would assume I was a snob. But, I would NEVER tell them the price, my law class was 80% male so it was very hard to make friends and although I am outgoing and confident it was hard to stay friends with the girls in my class, I tried, but it seemed they just were not bothered and would make comments on my bags/ clothes. But I would not change for no none. I too had a great bf and family. However, I also had friends from outside of uni and although I love my Chanel bags, it is really good to have girlfriends. To help me make more friends I got a part time job (only 4 hours a week) at a high street fashion shop (v. low pay),but I got to meet young people like me who were into their fashion and bags and were studying so we had soo much in common. Four years and a baby later I still am in contact with these girls. Just an idea as it worked for me:yes:

i think the trick to do this is to stare them down? someone reacted like this to a bag i had once and i just gave them a really nasty look when they started making comments like, "we could save a starving nation with that purse" and that was the end of that. they never say anything like that ever again. when you're defensive, they'll try their best to beat you down. so, STAY STRONG! :P

Thanks so much girl! no more guilt from me from now on! :supacool:

Personally, I wouldn't be carrying a high end designer bag to school. I would be afraid of something happening to it.

As far as people not wanting to talk to you and whatnot, find people that do. They have already prejudged you. You don't want them as friends anyway.

That's a tough thing to deal with. They're green with envy and probably feel intimidated by you. Try to ignore them and find someone who is more like you. Or just hang out with guys--they're not catty!

Does this remind you of Marissa (Mischa Barton on the OC) when she went to Newport Union and she was being picked on? She was carrying a Chanel bag, wearing a chanel necklace, Miss Sixty jeans on her first day! lol x

I definitely hear where you're coming from.
I constantly have people asking me if my designer items are real and how much I paid for them [considering almost everyone in my school carries around knock-off Chanel's and Louis Vuittons] except that people don't not be my friends because of it or anything like that.
I've even had guys ask to try on my sunglasses because they've heard they're expensive haha.