They thought it was a FAKE!

LaurieLou

IG@LaurieLouie
Jun 18, 2008
NY
I went into Starbucks tonight and I was carrying my white mc speedy. there were a few women sitting around a table and they looked at my bag when i walked in. then, one said "probably fake." they all muttered yeah and went on yapping over their lattes. i was so angry and wanted to say something, but it just wasnt worth it. i love my mc speedy, but i think a lot of people assume it's fake. anyone had similar issues?

graphite

Jun 6, 2008
Roseville, CA
I went into Starbucks tonight and I was carrying my white mc speedy. there were a few women sitting around a table and they looked at my bag when i walked in. then, one said "probably fake." they all muttered yeah and went on yapping over their lattes. i was so angry and wanted to say something, but it just wasnt worth it. i love my mc speedy, but i think a lot of people assume it's fake. anyone had similar issues?
:shame: If that happened to me I would probably say something b***hy about her in front of her face involving plastic surgery :tdown:

She could have at least waited until you couldn't hear if she didn't want confrontation.

Lynpink

O.G.
Dec 1, 2006
Sunny SD
Good for you for ignoring them fools!! Same thing happened to me at the San Diego fair but it was this group of "my super sweet sixteen" spoiled type girls...Not worth the confrontation!

D

Deleted member 20806

ugh that would SO annoy me if I heard that........ I wonder if I would've made a comment back..... but good for you for not stooping to her level!

sweetneet

over the moon
Aug 8, 2007
TX
ugh, i can't believe there are people that do this. not only do they not know the diff between real & fake, they have the gall to say it loud enough for you to hear. :tdown: anyway, good for you for not saying anything. i probably would have said something to them, not really about the bag, but more to the effect of how they should learn to keep their mouths shut when it involves things they know nothing about.

Mar 25, 2008
Southern Cali
i had an experience like this. i had just come from shopping and decided to go to the local street fair. as i was sitting at the tables enjoying my dinner, a young girl walked by and said, "Get a Real One!". she was looking straight at me, and her eyes focused on my bag after that. i was a little frustrated.

natalie1885

♥BALS♥LVs♥RMs♥
Jun 2, 2008
♥CALIFORNIA
Oh MY GAWD. yeah that would definitely annoy me. it's great that you didn't say anything to stoop to their level-but at the same time i don't know if i could keep my mouth shut if i were in your shoes. (especially in the case of lynpink's trip to SD & the "super sweet sixteen" types experience)

i'd probably say something like, "the only thing fake in here is your attitude woman!" and if i were pissed enough or just having a BAD day, i might add, "now why don't you go educate yourself on how to tell the difference between REAL & FAKE LV's since obviously you have no clue!"
-but of course that's only if i'm having the most horrible day of my life- :shame:

Lvbabydoll

O.G.
Mar 2, 2006
California
Best advice? Ignore them.
Half of the people making these comments are more than likely the ones who only know what the fakes look like, not authentic ones...thus, they assume real ones are "fake" and those $50 "the guy told me they're seconds or minorly flawed" are the authentic ones.

carrie3579

O.G.
Jul 29, 2008
Why do people act that way? Some people just need to keep their trap shut if they dont know what they are talking about (especially when they cant figure out the real ones from the fake).

Nobody has said anything like that to me but everyone stares at my bag. I have been carrying mainly my watercolor bags this summer (white speedy 30, brown speedy 30, or my papillon 30). I feel like they are staring at my bag trying to decide if its fake or real. I think they mainly think its fake because they have never seen anything like it before. I don't know how I would react if someone said something out loud to me about them thinking it was a fake. But, I commend you for being the better person and ignoring them. They are just ignorant and obviously dont have any knowledge on Louis Vuitton bags. They werent worth the trouble at all.

natalie1885

♥BALS♥LVs♥RMs♥
Jun 2, 2008
♥CALIFORNIA
^verry true! that's good advice & good to keep in thoughts the next time anyone assumes a real LV is a fake one. i completely agree with Lvbabydoll!!
but these thoughts are good especially for times when we're boiling inside & wanting to burst!! bwahahaaah! ;)