They Say Age Doesn't Matter When You Fall In Love...

Hi GG, Tanasiluv, and SeleneMarta! :biggrin:

I'll start this out by explaining why my thread is titled as such.

I got my first Balenciaga Purse (yep, that's the name of the style/model) a week or so ago, and I fell in love. It's really a great model for me - it fits on my shoulder perfectly, the size is great for my stuff, and it's just very me. The bad news? They stopped making the model/style some years back, so my only chance of getting my hands on more was really through the pre-loved market. Thankfully, I have had some guidance from our "Bal Whisperer" Rainne when making my pre-loved Bal purchases (we don't remember if she's the one who pointed this bag out to me, or if I approached her with questions on this bag :giggles: At the end of the day, I still consulted with BW! :P).

So, even if this model/style is quite old and no longer in production... I couldn't help myself. I just fell in love :love:

And now, a sneak peek before I start bombarding you with pictures ;)

Attachments

• 1.0.jpg
    1.0.jpg
    388.7 KB · Views: 373
Here she is - my second Balenciaga Purse! I am still confirming the color with Saira (thanks again to her for all her help and for sharing her expertise) - the seller said it was olive, and though I do see why he/she would think that as it does look greenish IRL, it really looks quite grey in pictures. I am not sure if I am just seeing green undertones on a grey bag. The bag is either grey or olive, pending Saira's confirmation with my shots using a different lighting ;) Either way, this is my most neutral Bal to date, and I am really digging the color! :biggrin:

Here are some shots using different camera settings and lighting...

Attachments

• 2.1.JPG
    2.1.JPG
    387 KB · Views: 390
  • 2.2.JPG
    2.2.JPG
    403.9 KB · Views: 383
  • 2.3.JPG
    2.3.JPG
    367.7 KB · Views: 372
  • 2.4.JPG
    2.4.JPG
    393.9 KB · Views: 375
Hi GG, Tanasiluv, and SeleneMarta! :biggrin:

I'll start this out by explaining why my thread is titled as such.

I got my first Balenciaga Purse (yep, that's the name of the style/model) a week or so ago, and I fell in love. It's really a great model for me - it fits on my shoulder perfectly, the size is great for my stuff, and it's just very me. The bad news? They stopped making the model/style some years back, so my only chance of getting my hands on more was really through the pre-loved market. Thankfully, I have had some guidance from our "Bal Whisperer" Rainne when making my pre-loved Bal purchases (we don't remember if she's the one who pointed this bag out to me, or if I approached her with questions on this bag :giggles: At the end of the day, I still consulted with BW! :P).

So, even if this model/style is quite old and no longer in production... I couldn't help myself. I just fell in love :love:

And now, a sneak peek before I start bombarding you with pictures ;)

Take your time, Maice. It'll be worth the wait!

:snack:

Some shots of my 2 Purses together ;) The light pink one is a 2006 Pale Rose Purse.

Attachments

• 3.3.jpg
    3.3.jpg
    703.9 KB · Views: 350
  • 3.2.JPG
    3.2.JPG
    653.1 KB · Views: 359
  • 3.1.jpg
    3.1.jpg
    707.8 KB · Views: 362
Here she is - my second Balenciaga Purse! I am still confirming the color with Saira (thanks again to her for all her help and for sharing her expertise) - the seller said it was olive, and though I do see why he/she would think that as it does look greenish IRL, it really looks quite grey in pictures. I am not sure if I am just seeing green undertones on a grey bag. The bag is either grey or olive, pending Saira's confirmation with my shots using a different lighting ;) Either way, this is my most neutral Bal to date, and I am really digging the color! :biggrin:

Here are some shots using different camera settings and lighting...

Maice, well done! What a great color. So versatile. And the leather is so luscious. A lovely classic Bal for an equally lovely lady. Congrats and Enjoy!

:drinkup:

GG and Rainne are great at showing how chewy/scrumptious the leather on their bags is... I haven't mastered that skill, so pardon my first attempt. :giggles:

I don't know if these photos do the leather justice... but the leather on this Purse (as well as my Pale Rose one) is really quite amazing. Super yummy! :biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_3753.JPG
    IMG_3753.JPG
    368.7 KB · Views: 339
  • IMG_3754.JPG
    IMG_3754.JPG
    420.6 KB · Views: 335
  • IMG_3767.JPG
    IMG_3767.JPG
    467.5 KB · Views: 332
Maice, well done! What a great color. So versatile. And the leather is so luscious. A lovely classic Bal for an equally lovely lady. Congrats and Enjoy!

:drinkup:

Thank you, Fim! :biggrin: You're right, I really love the leather on this bag! It's funny, because another TPFer was actually bidding on this bag too (we just found out about each other when I already posted pics here for identification), precisely because she liked how the leather looked in the listing.

And finally... some mod pics! :biggrin: Since I work from home most of the time, I just throw on one of my most used jackets/coats for these mod pics, so I apologize if you keep seeing the same jacket/coat :P

Thank you, everyone, for allowing me to share my bag joy! ;)

Attachments

• 4.1.JPG
    4.1.JPG
    400 KB · Views: 327
  • OK.JPG
    OK.JPG
    358.6 KB · Views: 323
  • OK3.JPG
    OK3.JPG
    371 KB · Views: 316