They Said It This Year

It's like making a record, but knowing you're going to mix it for the next 18 years of your life.
-Pete Wentz explaining to band mate Patrick Stump what the feelings of fatherhood are like

Pete Wentz

Q: Are you planning on trying to recreate any of FOB's songs into a different language like Spanish or something? That'd be interesting to listen to...
A: If you've ever watched us in interviews we have enough trouble with english... but yeah maybe that would be cool- me and joe once sang the Taco Bell menu to each other.

I do not like green eggs and ham.
-After being asked if he was really engaged and having a baby

If you know me, you know how uncool I am. I stutter, wear bad clothes, make bad jokes, make conversation uncomfortable-- the list goes on. Thank you for making me feel okay.

These jeans looked so good on me when I looked in the mirror I wanted to f
music-095.gif
ck myself.

Totally, we live in a castle in the sky, and my backyard is made out of clouds. It's real great except for when the dragon comes around.
-After being asked if he really was engaged and having a baby

We have a lot in common. They like toys, I like toys. They like cartoons, I like cartoons. They're short, I'm short. We're, like, family!
-on Japan

(Patrick, while getting blood drawn) Tell me something stupid!
(Pete) Hi, my name's Pete Wentz!

I wanna be hot like your girlfriend.

Patrick Stump

I don't know, we played a show for like, ten kids, but those ten kids were just insane. It's really quantity, not quality, and that's what I real --
(Pete corrects him, saying) It's quality, not quantity. You said it backwards. I don't want you to look like a dumbass on film.

Patrick ♥ Prince

Whoever's in charge of my Wikipedia, all right, whoever you are - the major, most egregious thing in there isn't that, you know, apparently I'm bisexual and have like, twenty kids and, um, that I learned everything I know from a sixteen-year-old who probably wrote that in himself, but the most egregious of all the errors is that it says I am a massive David Bowie fan...which is true, but it is a gross omission to leave out my obsession with Prince. Absolutely. So whoever you are, throw that in there. Go for it. You know what? Make me eighty feet tall. And, you know, make me a transsexual. But put in Prince.

These are the dude version. They couldn't possibly be your pants!
-Says to Pete Wentz after being accused of stealing his pants

Fall fashion seemed like a good time as opposed to the summer swimsuit issue, where'd I'd have to go on a fast for a couple of months and get a crystal meth addiction. Ah! See! Now a meth quote is going to be everywhere. Now you have your story.
–Neil Patrick Harris, illustrating the caution he takes when choosing photo spreads – and his words, to Out magazine

It's actually on my calling card. I say 'Hello, nice to meet you, I'm a one-of-a-kind fashion icon.'
–Brooke Shields, on being named as a "One of a Kind Fashion Icon" on the invitation for a party in her honor, according to Style.com

Will you pinch me just so I know it's real? Oww! Could you do that just once more, harder?
–MTV's Video Music Awards hostRussell Brand, asking Britney Spears to prove that it’s not just a dream and she really is sitting next him, in a promo for the show, which airs Sept. 7

Wow, the greatest Olympian of all-time. It’s a pretty cool title.
–American swimming sensation Michael Phelps, after breaking the Olympic record for most career gold medals, when he picked up his 11th one, as reported by the New York Times

Steve Sanders lives on in our hearts and in our minds.
–Ian Ziering, on the whereabouts of his 90210 character since he won’t appear on the CW’s new spin-off, to PEOPLE

It looks like I'm wearing Maybelline Water Shine Diamonds Liquid Lipstick. My character's name is now Winter Solstice and I'm a hooker with a heart of gold. Jason is my floral carrying pimp, while Kate is my first trick!
–Dane Cook, listing 10 things he doesn't like about the poster for his new movie, My Best Friend's Girl, on his MySpace blog

This honestly is the first time I've ever been asked that question. I'm getting married and having children today.
–George Clooney, responding sarcastically when asked if he was planning on having a family, at a Venice Film Festival press conference

We probably sound like a group of grannies in a knitting circle, but it's the truth.
–Coldplay frontman Chris Martin, revealing that he and his bandmates sew clothes while recording albums, to U.K.'s Mirror

Part of me would love to play a drag queen, just because it would be an excuse to wear loads of eye makeup.
–Harry Potter star Daniel Radcliffe, talking about a role he'd like to take on, to Details magazine

My closet full of size 0's are being worn by Pete right now and he looks hot in them.
–Ashlee Simpson-Wentz, on how husband Pete is making use of her pre-pregnancy wardrobe, on her MySpace blog

I liked her pink bikini.
–Lauren Conrad, finding the good in Heidi Montag's first music video after being forced to watch it, on Jimmy Kimmel Live!

A little part of me was thinking, 'Grab her boobs!'
–MTV Video Music Awards host Russell Brand, revealing what was on his mind while meeting Queen Elizabeth, on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno