They are selling Kooba on Home Shopping

I saw them selling Kooba on Home Shopping Network! what is this world coming to?

Nancy: I was surprised to see that. HSN is apparently trying to improve their selections. The suede Elisha is a beautiful Kooba bag, and the picture does not do it justice. (I really wanted the red leather version this past spring, but they sold out right away) The taupe color is a warm mink-y brown. I've looked at this one, considering it, at 3 Nordstrom stores. And have found, disturbingly, the same problem with all the bags...there are nick marks in the suede, and it makes the bags look damaged or defective. There are what looks like linear cuts (not all the way through) or pea sized patches of suede missing on each bag I looked at. I really wanted to love this bag, but after seeing the suede I thought...sheesh for $525 bucks they could use a better quality of material or better QC at the factory.

So if you order this one from HSN, beware of what may come in the mail. I have a few smooth leather Koobas and have not seen any leather defects.

One can devalue a line buy having it available in too many mid to low end channels or having too many sales by their corporate office.

Hayden Harnett does this by having sale after sale, one right after another. I have one of their Gazas and like it but would never pay retail. I know I can always wait for a sample sale to come around the corner.

And yes, I admit, I like the sales but wonder if it is good for the line.

I'm glad that HSN is carrying more brands that I like, including Kooba. I have a life, and I find it an easy way to spend less of it in retail stores. It doesn't hurt the cachet of Kooba in the least in my opinion, since HSN has some of the EXACT SAME styles sold by the high-end stores and at the same prices. They are not making their own knock-off line. However, I would buy Kooba at Walmart if that's where they sold it because I like the bags.

I'm glad that HSN is carrying more brands that I like, including Kooba. I have a life, and I find it an easy way to spend less of it in retail stores. It doesn't hurt the cachet of Kooba in the least in my opinion, since HSN has some of the EXACT SAME styles sold by the high-end stores and at the same prices. They are not making their own knock-off line. However, I would buy Kooba at Walmart if that's where they sold it because I like the bags.

Well IMO, HSN IS the Walmart of the shopping channels, so I guess that would make sense then. :roflmfao:

You are welcome to your opinion, as I am to mine. And yes, I've been known to shop at Walmart like most of America. I like the bags themselves - not what they make people think about me, how much I spent on my bag, or where I purchased it.

Thank you for allowing me my opinion. ;)

I guess if Kooba starts selling bags at Wallyworld, I'll never know. Because like a lot of America, I don't shop there. :rolleyes: