There's this chanel bag I want on ebay but...

Hells69

Jul 4, 2017
I've never bought any HIGH luxury bags before, so not only am I clueless when it comes to chanel and if it's a real authethic item - the seller does not take returns under any circumstances. :s

The seller says in the listing; CarolDiva, ****************** and others, have proven this bag to be the real deal.

Are there any online websites that authenticate bags? The seller has like 12 pictures of the bag, so I'd like to make for sure it's the real deal you know? It's $800 used on ebay, not a common bag at all, and I've totally fell in love with it!

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong area, I'm still a newbie and I get confused.

If anyone could point me in the right direction on what steps I should take that would be GREAT!!

thank you :smile:

I've never bought any HIGH luxury bags before, so not only am I clueless when it comes to chanel and if it's a real authethic item - the seller does not take returns under any circumstances. :s

The seller says in the listing; CarolDiva, ****************** and others, have proven this bag to be the real deal.

Are there any online websites that authenticate bags? The seller has like 12 pictures of the bag, so I'd like to make for sure it's the real deal you know? It's $800 used on ebay, not a common bag at all, and I've totally fell in love with it!

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong area, I'm still a newbie and I get confused.

If anyone could point me in the right direction on what steps I should take that would be GREAT!!

thank you :smile:

You can post in the authenticate this thread and be sure to follow the directions. If its a newer bag it may be difficult to authenticate via pictures but if its priced at $800 it sounds like it may be a older style and they should be able to help you.

Reactions: Hells69
I looked at that thread, and it seems nobody was helping with authenticating things. Yeah i do believe it is a much older bag... What should i do ? Thanks for the reply xoxo

Yes, she sells a bunch of high-end bags and other high-end stuff, she has all good ratings except one negative from a while ago saying that whoever bought a bag from her said that it smelled or something idk.

And yeah, i'd be using paypal for sure! But considering I personally would have no idea how to tell if its a fake or not...that really wouldnt help :x

Congrats on spying your first Chanel. I hope it all works out for you. :smile:

You've gotten some good input so I'll just add my 2 cents and repeat a little.

1) The first line of "defense" when buying preowned is to get educated. Spend time looking up as much as you can on that model so that you can spot the obvious fakes.

2) Then get items authenticated prior to purchase. For Chanel, I use Etinceler but I have read that others also use Roku & ColourfulBelle (I know nothing about these other two). CarolDiva "can" authenticate Chanel but I've read that she's best on a few other brands.

You can also post on the authentication bread here. The TPF volunteers are great but will take time because they are volunteers with their own lives. Be aware, however, that some TPFr's will lurk the thread, see the authentication and scoop a bag out from under you. It's a small risk but since you're new to this I wanted to mention it.

3) Get the bag and inspect it for any obvious issues. If Etinceler already authenticated it, you're probably good to go. :tup:

4) Optional - Send your bag to Leather Surgeons for a refresh / cleaning. Assuming after they inspect the bag that it's authentic, they will provide a written authentication included in the price of the refresh.

5) Enjoy your new Chanel baby!

I have been haunting TPF and other bag sites for a couple of years now with most of my interest being in Chanel. So I usually skip step two because I know what I'm looking for and can spot <most> fakes for those specific models. Then, I send immediately send the preloved bag to Leather Surgeons because I want the bag cleaned and refreshed before I wear it anyway. And, I get the in-person inspection which makes me feel super comfortable that my bag is authentic since I rarely get pre authentications anymore unless the bag is pre loved new or in like new condition and I don't need to bother with a refresh.

** Be sure to do a reveal of your new to you bag. We love eye candy! **