There's Balenciaga, then there's... everything else?

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Now that you enablers have me HOOKED on these beautiful bags (I'm a blamer, it eases the guilt :lol:) I am starting to purge my collection of "all the others." Not that they weren't nice, but I sold a Coach bag, a LV, a Botkier... now I'm thinking of shedding my Kooba Scarlett because of my new Caramel Twiggy-- I just keep thinking, they're so much alike-- why not sell Scarlett for more Balenciaga $$? (Yeah I got the fever).

Anyway, have you done the same thing and been glad? Or have you let other bags go because you were on a "kick" only to regret it later? I know there's no way to know, but I'd love to hear anyone's experiences with this!

2. I was just thinking the same thing! I resisted b-bags for so many years because I was tired of seeing them on every celeb. Little did I know they were so light, comfy, fun to "collect", and that they would retain their value so well! I have let a few seriously fine bags go to support my new habit and so far no regrets at all. Granted, my habit is only a month old! :roflmfao: :yahoo:

3. Oh yes, I've done the exact same thing. Before Balenciaga, I was dabbling in other brands- a little bit of LV, some Gucci, Fendi, Coach... but after buying my first b-bag, I knew that it was love. :love: heheh I purged myself of almost all the other bags I had in my collection and went on buying more b-bags. Now I'm pretty much down to a small but very loved collection of balenciagas. I don't regret it a bit because I know that if I had kept the other purses, I wouldn't have used them. Of course, I have moments when I drool over other purses (LV damier saleya, anyone?) or even hope that I can save enough money without being tempted by balenciaga to buy a chanel one day.. But in the end, it's balenciaga for me! :heart:

4. I'm new to Balenciaga and LOVE the lightness of it and the fun tassels, but I like variety! I don't think I could ever sell my others to buy more bbags. I would like to get a First in a bright color at some point, but I really want a Chanel flap to round out my collection, and DH has agreed to a Birkin for me next year if they'll put me on a list (keeping fingers crossed when I go on a conference next week!)

5. yeppers, i've done the same thing & didn't look back for a second ;)

6. I went through kooba, botkier, and bulgas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing compares to the b-bag (suddenly I have that sinad oconner song in my head, nothings compares to you). haha

7. my b-bags are among the first designer bags i had, before i collect lv multicolore lines, and been loving b-bags for years.
    i don't care about the celebs thing

8. That is such a good point! I am the exact same way-- I could care less about celebs setting trends.

9. I sold my black MC trouville for my balenciaga city a bit over a year ago - I definitely have no regrets - and never have ;)

10. i sold many of my smaller bags for bigger and better, I have no regrets and just wish I had more to sell to keep up with my more expensive bags I keep buying.

11. I am contemplating the same thing.

Do you wait for a good price for your bags or do you just get what you can? I have a few Lambertson Truex that I have NO idea what their value would be??

12. Yep, me too, and me neither!

13. Tabby I sort of do both... I think there are always good deals to be had (since I love a bargain and have fun scouring eBay). But I'm also sort of an instant gratification girl :shame: and can just about justify any purchase with something! :wlae: (One of these justifications, by the way, is that I can always sell the bag if I need to!)

14. I sold my Gaucho for my grenat city and I don't regret it for a minute!! I'll sell a LV bag for a new B-bag probably the purse and I know that I won't miss it because my B-bags get rotated and all others just sit in their dustbags but I don't want to sell my Chloes (paddy and Edith) and my Kooba Sienna. I do love them a lot and I don't want to have just B-bags because I like a bit of variety but all bags I want to add to my collection are b-bags.

15. I am trying to offload all my Coach. I just don't wear them anymore, I just prefer the Balenciagas! I highly doubt that I would regret selling any of them, well maybe the blue suede hobo, it's lovely! I don't own any other "high-end" bags, like Gucci or Prada etc. I may hold onto a few for work functions, when I think the Balenciaga is too casual for business meetings (which for me happen twice a year or so!)
    Thankfully I found my love before I made other purchases. I was drawn to Marc Jacobs bags and was set to get a Blake, until I saw the Cornflower, the colour and leather totally changed my mind about Balenciaga, prior to that I thought they were ugly : o

I wish you well,

Bridget

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice