There’s a new girl in town - Meet The Clip

pinksky777

Sofa King Banned
Jun 11, 2013
It all started on the trip to my local Bottega boutique to pick up my new grass green mini jodie. I knew I was very pleased with my new purchase, and I honestly felt like my bag collection was complete! Well... that lasted all of five minutes until she casually pulled out The Clip bag. I had previously seen this in magazines and from the Purseblog feature they did a few weeks back... but let me tell you, it’s NOTHING until you see it in person. The bag itself is almost, what I like to describe as the cooler version of the Celine box bag. It’s timeless aesthetic mixed in with some unexpected edginess makes the bag utterly perfect. It’s not too square, but not too rectangular either. The leather is so buttery soft, but yet sturdy on the front and the back (where you could get the most scratches). There’s also a front pocket aside from the main interior. I’m sure there will be some haters out there who just practically dislike everything new BV, but I’m here to tell you that this bag is different. First off, it’s the most versatile bag I’ve seen in a loooong while. The strap can be completely removed if desired to wear as a clutch, also can be worn as a long shoulder bag, a short shoulder bag AND a crossbody bag! Can we also talk about the effortlessly cool knot in the strap??? I even initially asked my SA if she had done the knot herself, or was the bag made like that! It’s reminiscent of a cool vintage bag that your mother once owned in the 70’s, and maybe you just casually knotted the strap to make it your desired length. I don’t own a “box shaped” bag to date so I very much thought this would be the perfect addition to my handbag collection, as it’s definitely something that will not go out of style. Due to its clean lines, simplistic nature, and overall effortlessly cool aesthetic, I truly think that this is going to be the next hit for Bottega. That said, if it doesn’t become very recognizable in the near future, I might love it even more. There’s nothing more special than owning a beautiful bag that is a little bit under the radar :heart: 066B896F-E70D-4CD3-96E4-7113A701E936.jpegBF22F48F-CE7B-434C-A936-708870BC0D05.jpeg11117374-A568-4186-9200-E50AF93BF3D1.jpeg94F34D2A-BE43-4377-A2BD-364D6546709E.jpeg28023DF9-2B4B-4022-9D21-B8CD680EEDCA.jpeg

It all started on the trip to my local Bottega boutique to pick up my new grass green mini jodie. I knew I was very pleased with my new purchase, and I honestly felt like my bag collection was complete! Well... that lasted all of five minutes until she casually pulled out The Clip bag. I had previously seen this in magazines and from the Purseblog feature they did a few weeks back... but let me tell you, it’s NOTHING until you see it in person. The bag itself is almost, what I like to describe as the cooler version of the Celine box bag. It’s timeless aesthetic mixed in with some unexpected edginess makes the bag utterly perfect. It’s not too square, but not too rectangular either. The leather is so buttery soft, but yet sturdy on the front and the back (where you could get the most scratches). There’s also a front pocket aside from the main interior. I’m sure there will be some haters out there who just practically dislike everything new BV, but I’m here to tell you that this bag is different. First off, it’s the most versatile bag I’ve seen in a loooong while. The strap can be completely removed if desired to wear as a clutch, also can be worn as a long shoulder bag, a short shoulder bag AND a crossbody bag! Can we also talk about the effortlessly cool knot in the strap??? I even initially asked my SA if she had done the knot herself, or was the bag made like that! It’s reminiscent of a cool vintage bag that your mother once owned in the 70’s, and maybe you just casually knotted the strap to make it your desired length. I don’t own a “box shaped” bag to date so I very much thought this would be the perfect addition to my handbag collection, as it’s definitely something that will not go out of style. Due to its clean lines, simplistic nature, and overall effortlessly cool aesthetic, I truly think that this is going to be the next hit for Bottega. That said, if it doesn’t become very recognizable in the near future, I might love it even more. There’s nothing more special than owning a beautiful bag that is a little bit under the radar :heart: View attachment 4920405View attachment 4920406View attachment 4920407View attachment 4920408View attachment 4920409

I remember your previous post on deliberating getting this one! Very unique hardware and the bag itself has really nice clean lines.

Enjoy your new bag!

It all started on the trip to my local Bottega boutique to pick up my new grass green mini jodie. I knew I was very pleased with my new purchase, and I honestly felt like my bag collection was complete! Well... that lasted all of five minutes until she casually pulled out The Clip bag. I had previously seen this in magazines and from the Purseblog feature they did a few weeks back... but let me tell you, it’s NOTHING until you see it in person. The bag itself is almost, what I like to describe as the cooler version of the Celine box bag. It’s timeless aesthetic mixed in with some unexpected edginess makes the bag utterly perfect. It’s not too square, but not too rectangular either. The leather is so buttery soft, but yet sturdy on the front and the back (where you could get the most scratches). There’s also a front pocket aside from the main interior. I’m sure there will be some haters out there who just practically dislike everything new BV, but I’m here to tell you that this bag is different. First off, it’s the most versatile bag I’ve seen in a loooong while. The strap can be completely removed if desired to wear as a clutch, also can be worn as a long shoulder bag, a short shoulder bag AND a crossbody bag! Can we also talk about the effortlessly cool knot in the strap??? I even initially asked my SA if she had done the knot herself, or was the bag made like that! It’s reminiscent of a cool vintage bag that your mother once owned in the 70’s, and maybe you just casually knotted the strap to make it your desired length. I don’t own a “box shaped” bag to date so I very much thought this would be the perfect addition to my handbag collection, as it’s definitely something that will not go out of style. Due to its clean lines, simplistic nature, and overall effortlessly cool aesthetic, I truly think that this is going to be the next hit for Bottega. That said, if it doesn’t become very recognizable in the near future, I might love it even more. There’s nothing more special than owning a beautiful bag that is a little bit under the radar :heart: View attachment 4920405View attachment 4920406View attachment 4920407View attachment 4920408View attachment 4920409
Very cool, chic and gorgeous!

I remember your previous post on deliberating getting this one! Very unique hardware and the bag itself has really nice clean lines.

Enjoy your new bag!
Yes, you’re correct! I was debating it for a whole 24 hours :lol: All kidding aside though, I was up till 430 am Monday because I was thinking about it and lusting so hard haha. I truly wasn’t planning on making such a big purchase anytime soon, but I literally got hit in the gut with this one. Love at first sight as they say!

Wow I love it! I also really like the new dust bags!

I’ve really enjoyed seeing your recent BV and Balenciaga purchases and think you have really spot on picks. Very cool.

Did you happen to see the new Mini Twist?

• Love
Reactions: RT1 and pinksky777
Wow I love it! I also really like the new dust bags!

I’ve really enjoyed seeing your recent BV and Balenciaga purchases and think you have really spot on picks. Very cool.

Did you happen to see the new Mini Twist?
Wow thank you so much, I really appreciate the kind words :heart: As far as the twist is concerned, I’m not exactly sure how to feel about it mostly due to I’ve nvr seen the mini’s dimensions irl. Though I know when I saw the original twist it seemed kinda awkward to open up upside down whenever you needed something... maybe you gotta hold it differently than I’m imagining, not sure lol

Reactions: RT1
Yes, you’re correct! I was debating it for a whole 24 hours :lol: All kidding aside though, I was up till 430 am Monday because I was thinking about it and lusting so hard haha. I truly wasn’t planning on making such a big purchase anytime soon, but I literally got hit in the gut with this one. Love at first sight as they say!
It is, indeed, love at first sight. :tup:
Beautiful bag and Congratulations to you! :hugs:

Anyways, it’s a fabulous bag and I’m a very happy lucky lady :heart: Nobody’s opinions can change that. We all have enough stress to deal with this year, someone’s handbag opinions isn’t going to phase me.

• Love
Reactions: RT1