Theres a Huge A** Fire Behind My House...

How are you shoo........TV said the situation was a little better..........hope so.........been thinking of all of you in CA...........the atmosphere must be so horrible..........good luck.........

thanks guys. the backlit fires seem to be working really really well. there is a little more humidity in the air and the air has remained still for the most part. the firefighters are doing an amazing job. lots of people who were evacuated have been let back to their homes now. I want to believe the worst is over. This fire may continue burning but most likely continue primarily in the wilderness areas and a lot of that is overdue for a good healthy burn.

Hi there lil' lady!!!

How are you today?!

first day that we've had cleaner air here. but the heat and humidity are yucky. the humidity is helping the firefighters so I will gladly put up with it! all our friends are safe and sound and their houses are all still standing! my brother did not have to go to Yucaipa :yahoo: so yeah, its a wonderful day!

first day that we've had cleaner air here. but the heat and humidity are yucky. the humidity is helping the firefighters so I will gladly put up with it! all our friends are safe and sound and their houses are all still standing! my brother did not have to go to Yucaipa :yahoo: so yeah, its a wonderful day!

That's great news! I'm glad everyone seems to be getting back home and not much damage. I still smell the smoke in the air and unfortunately DS has been antsy for the last few days since I haven't allowed him outside. I hope the air cleans up soon.

That is great news!!!

So happy to hear that all is going well! Take good care of yourself dear, ok?! Here's to all those fighting the fires and keeping all your homes, family, friends and furry friends safe and sound!!!

The deadly wildfire that has burned nearly 150,000 acres was started by arson and is being investigated as a homicide, officials said. The blaze has burned for over a week in the Angeles National Forest outside Los Angeles, destroying 64 homes and killing two firefighters whose vehicle overturned over the weekend as the flames advanced on them. After an investigation, officials with the United States Forest Service determined that the fire had been intentionally started, and they labeled the firefighters’ deaths homicides,

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/04/us/04brfs-FIREISCALLED_BRF.html?_r=1

LOS ANGELES — Investigators launched a homicide investigation Thursday into the wildfire north of Los Angeles after determining that the gigantic blaze — which has killed two firefighters, scorched 226 square miles and destroyed dozens of homes — was set intentionally.

"We believe that this was caused by someone intending to set a fire," sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore said at an afternoon briefing.

Officials said forensic evidence at the fire's point of origin revealed that the wildfire — among the largest in Southern California's history — was an act of arson. Whitmore declined to elaborate on the evidence due to the ongoing investigation.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gZ8Zlj-J4JAGBVX44URTwVV53E0QD9AG8QTG0