TheRealReal Issue

fliponaswitch

May 31, 2016
Hi there folks.

So I finally got my unicorn. The red epi supreme keepall.

However when I bought it. It said excellent condition with no wear. However when I got it. There were gray streaks.

I really want the bag and keep it. And I talked to them and they said they MIGHT be able to negotiate a price.

I’m really excited but slightly disappointed.

What should I do?

Pics IMG_0921.jpgIMG_0922.jpgIMG_0923.jpgIMG_0924.jpgIMG_0925.jpgIMG_0926.jpgIMG_0927.jpg

Reactions: Kkeely30
Hi there.
I would be very disappointed as well. I would return or get a HUGE discount.

First of all, they didn't play fair since they didn't even describe it. It's no small corner wear we're talking about here. It's massive streaks against the leather. Ofc, they wanted to get rid of this bag and hope the buyer would still keep it. MIGHT negotiate about the price? Gee, they don't have to humiliate you twice!

Negotiate a really good deal if you really want to keep it or return it. I wish you the best! :heart:

I'm taking it that's a sign of what will continue to happen to other sections of the bag with wear - and that those grey streaks that are there will spread with use? IF that's the case....not sure I would want to keep the bag. I would consider it a fair warning of what the future would hold. :sad: Otherwise, it just depends whether the grey streaks that are present would be something you are aware of and think others would notice while you're carrying it.

Reactions: fashion16
At least the streaks are on the bottom so it's unlikely anyone will see them except for you. I'd be more pissed that Really Real misrepresented the condition of the bag (or at the minimum didn't have photos of those streaks on their sale page, I'm assuming) - I hope if you paid an "excellent condition" price to them, they would refund you 20-25% of what you paid!

I can't tell if they are scuffs were the red is coming off, or if the grey is like color transfer. It really depends on what you paid, and how much they are willing to take off. Luckily it's all on the bottom.

No, no, no. No way would I keep that bag, especially if those streaks were not in the description. Not even for a huge discount. Being the picky person that I am, I would always be trying to hide the streaks from myself and everyone who enjoyed looking at it. That is just me, and you asked what I would do in a manner of speaking. It is such a statement bag, that this would definitely upset me enough to send it back. So sorry this happened to you.

Those marks look like they'll possibly grow with time--maybe not even much time depending on how you use it. You need to be okay with that if you keep it.

I would be more than slightly disappointed considering how much those cost.

I agree with Hotsauna. They'd best be giving a HUGE discount! I purchased a cosmetic case from them that came without the zipper pull. It was not mentioned in the description. I won't order from them again.

I do think those marks might be inevitable if you plan to use the bag, but I suspect YOU want to be the one to put them there. That is certainly not "excellent" condition in my book.

I bet a good leather spa could fix the scuffs. But yes, you should get a discount given that the wear was not disclosed. How many times does this have to happen before TRR gets more careful about their listing descriptions? There's a TRR thread over in the eBay forum with many other incidents like this described.

Reactions: lulilu
Wow, the only place I have ever purchased from a reseller is Ebay and I only deal with reseller who has lots of feedbacks and have sold lots of luxury items in the past. I had assume places like RealReal or Fashionphile would be professional with their descriptions in addition to guarantee the items are authentic. To not mention the streaks on the bottom of the bag is just appalling to say the least as it’s not something that’s not noticeable. I had been looking on their website for some discontinued bags but now I’m hesitant to buy from them. What a pity.

Thanks everyone. When I asked about some money back I asked for a 1k and they said that that is too high. I was like [emoji19]

I have been wanting this bag for forever. So I’m inclined to keep it because the opportunities to get it are far and few between.

Idk what to do. I’m happy and so pissed at the same time.

Idk whether to argue or get mad with them. I work in CS too and I would hate to deal with a not nice customer. But at the same time I feel it’s ridiculous.

They want to offer store credit which I have trepidation to do considering what I’m being put through here.

Thanks everyone. When I asked about some money back I asked for a 1k and they said that that is too high. I was like [emoji19]

I have been wanting this bag for forever. So I’m inclined to keep it because the opportunities to get it are far and few between.

Idk what to do. I’m happy and so pissed at the same time.

Idk whether to argue or get mad with them. I work in CS too and I would hate to deal with a not nice customer. But at the same time I feel it’s ridiculous.

They want to offer store credit which I have trepidation to do considering what I’m being put through here.

It isn't that you are "not nice". The seller misrepresented the bag and it is not acceptable that you just compromise your own standards because they won't accept your terms. I will bet something else will come up for you. But, it is your choice. I just think, myself, that I am the one with the money here, you know? I should get what I want.