Theory Clothing - Quality or Overpriced?

I love theory clothing - I have a ton of their jackets, shirts, and pants.

My favorite thing is my pair of Theory sweatpants...they look almost dressy, but they are SOOOO comfortable!

Theory is just okay to me. I personally don't think it's worth the $$ especially at retail. I tried a few times to like Theory but it doesn't seem to fit that great, IMO... I'll keep looking until I find something that wows me...Even the infamous colorblock dress was blah on...and I really wanted that dress!!

I agree with everyone here. Theory has wonderful basics for building a work wardrobe, but who wants to spend $$$ on basics? That said, I have two suits that I bought at a 75% discount at Saks many years ago. The cut is classic so they haven't gone out of style, and they fit well. They have lasted for years and I'll get more mileage out of them for years to come.

I love the cut and the fit, but I don't feel the price justifies that material quality. Both suits I have from them are super thin material, the skirt isn't even lined, and the elbows on both jackets have needed repaired where the material has worn too thin. I've had them less than 3 years.

You can find a lot of nice Theory on Ebay. My favorite seller is thegees44ou or something like that.

I got a bunch of suit sets for under $200 from her. Very pleasant seller.

I love theory since I'm all about simplicity but I don't think I'd buy their clothes at retail. The styles are so classic that you can probably get the same or similar item on sale. I'm also a huge fan of Elle Tahari (who also designs Theory) and I'd probably buy that line at full price over Theory.

Quality-wise, Theory is definitely cut and made better than your average Banana Republic or J. Crew item. All the items I've boughten have resisted the test of time, fashion and wear wise.

I would only purchase Theory if it's on sale!
There items don't blow me away like some other great designers Nanette Lepore, Vince, Pink Tartan...

I think it is overpriced so I will only get them on sale, then its worth it. I also am not a fan of most styles, but the pants and blazers are nice for work.

I love Theory. Actually that's the only brand that I get my suits. Even though the materials are thin, I find them hold up quite well.
I don't like Ellie Tahari as much as Theory because their style seems older.

I love the simplicity of Theory. They're great classic pieces that are worth investing in. Of course, it's better to purchase them on sale but I don't hesitate to pay retail. The pieces I buy at retail become the most used items from my closet, hence, the lowest cost per wear (thanks to one of my MJ girls, Tad, I use this logic when shopping all the time! :P).