Theory Clothing - Quality or Overpriced?

I've only seen their tops XS and those are still too big on me. I throw them in the washer to shrink them and they fit better after. I ahet that most of their items say dry clean only!

I think they're overpriced, and I like the fit on them more than the quality.

I love Theory, but only at their outlet prices. I have a beautiful black suit (pants, not a skirt), and I can't wait to get more Theory suits.

Very nice, clean lines ... slim and less bulky than lots of other women's suits.

Love their sweaters; I dry clean them all.

I love their cotton t-shirts -- the fabric is amazing. I tried on a cashmere sweater once, though, and I was disappointed. The fabric was itchy and I did not buy the item.

I too always buy it on sale. I often see it at Sak's and Macy's.

Just bought this coat on sale! The regular price was $700 I believe...I would never have paid even close to that much - definitely overpriced. :nogood:

Attachments

• theor2012312623_prod_zoom_front.jpeg
    theor2012312623_prod_zoom_front.jpeg
    80 KB · Views: 653
i love theory as well but it is definitely overpriced. the first time i went to their sale i didnt want to buy anything bc they were made in china - i didnt think it was worth it haha... but i later caved in. I would only buy if the sale is great, and it is hard to find clothes that fit as great as theory does.

Yeah, it bugs me too that their stuff is made in China. I'm assuming those high prices are going towards a well-paid design team or something ... that is, I hope the someone besides a handful of execs are profiting off their rather high prices.

I don't mind paying a little extra so that the businesses I support can pay fair salaries, provide health care, make a good quality product, etc. But I *do* mind when I'm paying extra for things where the money doesn't go back into the quality of the product or the workers.

Of course, I'm not sure where Theory stands yet. Maybe their quality is super lux, but so far, I'm not all that impressed with what I've seen. The fabrics aren't anything to write home about, and I'm puzzled as to why they don't line their clothes.

I do, however, love the way their clothes fit and their style. Overall, though, I'm still looking for my Nanette replacement. Sigh, it's turning out to be a lot harder than I thought.

I love Theory, but I can't afford to pay retail for their pieces yet. The few pieces that I own were bought at drastic discounts. My frame is very small, so it gets hard to find those that fit very well, but their craftmenship is just superb. The material they use is durable and leaves a nice feeling on my skin.

I believe it is recent that Theory moved a good portion of their their production to China. My dad used to get a lot work from Theory, so those pieces were made in the US. Quality control was strict, and the employees were willing to work harder to their pieces because Theory paid very well compared to other brands. My dad can get very stingy, but he believes the pieces that are made in the US are worth their hefty price tags.

I LOVE Theory - it's so classic and really perfect for work! However, even though I think the materials and workmanship are very good quality, I wouldn't pay retail. That said, I DO think buying them at 40% off or more is more than worth it!

I like a lot of Theory pieces, however I don't think the quality is on par with their prices. I've had their dress pants come apart at the seams. I've also had buttons come off their winter coat within the first few wears. Disappointing considering their high prices...

I LOVE theory! Their clean simple lines matches my aesthetic. Their shirts are cut very slim, and their pants seem to lengthen & slim my legs. The fit of their clothes is very flattering on me, more so than other brands.

I purchase them on sale - outlet, saks, nm, & bloomies for about 50-80% off. I have bought items that I loved full price though.