Themed Party - "The Beach Party"

sheishollywood

LiveLaughLove
O.G.
Nov 29, 2006
Where the water is
So my girlfriend is leaving for a one year program to Australia and she'll be going around to Thailand, Cambodia etc so we decided to throw her a going away private club party and they chose to do a "beach party" theme. I know a lot of the girls who are invited will be wearing bikini's with a sheer cover (I know a little riskay for me as well:girlsigh:). So for me, even though I'm young and would consider myself pretty fit... I'm NOT going to be wearing just a bikini to party in... Does anyone have any idea's for something to wear that would still be in the "beach" theme?

Thanks!;)

sheishollywood

LiveLaughLove
O.G.
Nov 29, 2006
Where the water is
Oh! I didn't think of a sarong... I might try something on to see how it looks. I'm really short so I thought that may look weird. I was thinking of going almost the opposite of what most of the girls will be doing and go almost tom-boyish but still cute.

I'm not sure. *yikes* all I know is that I'm definitely not going to be going in a bikini...=P

Couture Dreams

spidey kisses
Dec 29, 2007
Lovely CA
haha im short!

i think sarongs look good on anyone.

ohh if you want to go for the tomboyish look how about some surf shorts (roxy has really cute ones) and a boy-ish tank?

ohhh.... how about a wetsuit and some scuba gear? (jk)

Nymph

O.G.
Jul 17, 2006
Singapore
Hmmm.

How about short tube dresses (the kind that is more A line, more flared and not too fitted), or a long white flowy skirt which you can team with a bikini top, or a camisole. Both are pretty easy to wear, and you can definitely party in them :yes:

ladyred

O.G.
Feb 2, 2008
What about a cute swimsuit one piece-I'm thinking 50's style or a cut out one,they both hide more than a bikini lol.

Couture Dreams

spidey kisses
Dec 29, 2007
Lovely CA
Im telling you he wetsuit is the way to go. definitely will be a conversation starter. haha

maybe you can find your scuba steve there and fall in love? (if you arent already)

Laurie8504

chocolate...where?
O.G.
Sep 10, 2007
US
Last time I went to the beach, I wore a maxi dress over my bikini. It had a resort-style print, so I think it was beach worthy. Plus, super comfortable!