Themed Party - "The Beach Party"

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. So my girlfriend is leaving for a one year program to Australia and she'll be going around to Thailand, Cambodia etc so we decided to throw her a going away private club party and they chose to do a "beach party" theme. I know a lot of the girls who are invited will be wearing bikini's with a sheer cover (I know a little riskay for me as well:girlsigh:). So for me, even though I'm young and would consider myself pretty fit... I'm NOT going to be wearing just a bikini to party in... Does anyone have any idea's for something to wear that would still be in the "beach" theme?

Thanks!;)

2. a tank with a sarong over some shorts would be cute.

or a beacky type dress? something flowy and light?

3. Oh! I didn't think of a sarong... I might try something on to see how it looks. I'm really short so I thought that may look weird. I was thinking of going almost the opposite of what most of the girls will be doing and go almost tom-boyish but still cute.

I'm not sure. *yikes* all I know is that I'm definitely not going to be going in a bikini...=P

4. haha im short!

i think sarongs look good on anyone.

ohh if you want to go for the tomboyish look how about some surf shorts (roxy has really cute ones) and a boy-ish tank?

ohhh.... how about a wetsuit and some scuba gear? (jk)

5. Oh! I wonder if there is a picture of her standing up.

Couture Dreams - Maybe I should just cut trying to be cute and just go in the body suit!:biggrin:

6. Oh duh... If I clicked the link that you put under your post I'd see it...:shame:

7. Hmmm.

How about short tube dresses (the kind that is more A line, more flared and not too fitted), or a long white flowy skirt which you can team with a bikini top, or a camisole. Both are pretty easy to wear, and you can definitely party in them :yes:

8. What about a cute swimsuit one piece-I'm thinking 50's style or a cut out one,they both hide more than a bikini lol.

9. Im telling you he wetsuit is the way to go. definitely will be a conversation starter. haha

maybe you can find your scuba steve there and fall in love? (if you arent already)

10. Last time I went to the beach, I wore a maxi dress over my bikini. It had a resort-style print, so I think it was beach worthy. Plus, super comfortable!