the zucca...

toki_steph

stephanie
May 29, 2007
so i was wondering to myself earlier, why is the zucca more expensive than the BV? the buon viaggio is more a "classic style" (ie a casual tote) and the zucca is more "of the moment." granted, i really love both styles, but what is it that makes the zucca, a smaller bag, worth $24 more. anyone know?

:heart:

It's definitely more work to put together than the BV, especially because of the piping around the bag. I don't really think the shape of the zucca is "of moment"/trendy. It just looks that way stuffed on the shelf. It's more like a large hobo or satchel.

I think the zucca is a lot classier looking when worn, IMO. It keeps it shape better, and looks more like a handbag than a tote. It's slim but holds a lot, and the zipper pocket is very handy. I don't trust using the mesh BV pockets at all, after I nearly lost $40 worth of subway fare (a metrocard) out of one! I have one BV and wouldn't buy another, but I have two zuccas and am look to get more in the new prints.

Aside from the extra zipper, the zucca just has a lot more hardware/leather than the BV. That's why they don't order them for Hawaii and Guam... The zucca is a lot heavier than the BV and they don't want to pay the extra shipping cost...

I agree the zucca holds just as much as the BV, unless you stuff the BV to oblivion.