The WoC - Wallet on Chain thread

I wanted to buy my first (and likely only) WOC. There was no black in stock so the SA showed me this beige one. I purchased it but now I’m unsure of whether I made the right choice. I worry about color transfer. Will I need to baby this bag? Can I spray anything on it to prevent color transfer? I normally wear dark colors/jeans.

(I already have a gst and medium flap in black.)

Do you have a beige WOC? Can you share your thoughts on it.

Attachments

• 4DB223B7-DA1A-402D-8216-2536F4183854.jpeg
    4DB223B7-DA1A-402D-8216-2536F4183854.jpeg
    183.3 KB · Views: 192
I wanted to buy my first (and likely only) WOC. There was no black in stock so the SA showed me this beige one. I purchased it but now I’m unsure of whether I made the right choice. I worry about color transfer. Will I need to baby this bag? Can I spray anything on it to prevent color transfer? I normally wear dark colors/jeans.

AS beautiful as it is I would be afraid of color transfer and so wouldn't purchase one. I saw some jumbo CF's on fashionphile that had color transfer as well....

Reactions: Pchul and myztic

I have the iridescent beige woc but I wouldn’t wear it with anything dark like denim. I would wait for a black woc. It’s classic and carefree in the caviar leather

Hi everyone,

I want to add a WOC to my mini Chanel collection.
I tried on the classic and the boy WOC both in black.
Although I love the classic one, I want some variety. I have a small cf in caviar with gold and an mini in so so black caviar.

I’ve been doing some online searching and came across the WOC reissue.

Anybody who has this WOC? And can you give me some information? From what I’ve found it was introduced in 2020 but I can’t find from which collection it was. I can’t seem to let it go because it’s so understated and would fit in perfectly. :rolleyes:

Thank you for the help and information.

Hi everyone,

Although I love the classic one, I want some variety. I have a small cf in caviar with gold and an mini in so so black caviar.

Anybody who has this WOC? And can you give me some information? From what I’ve found it was introduced in 2020 but I can’t find from which collection it was. I can’t seem to let it go because it’s so understated and would fit in perfectly. :rolleyes:

Dont have the WOC in reissue but i do love my caviar classic WOC.

Reactions: ZofieUp
Hi everyone,

I have a calfskin light gold reissue WOC from 20A, which I actually purchased new from the boutique this past Feb. (Posted in this thread in late Feb w a pic). I love reissues, so loving the WOC wasn't a huge surprise. LOL. I love the mademoiselle closure and all metal reissue chain. The interior is similar to other WOCs. I know there are reissue WOCs with the skinnier leather interwoven chain out there as well. Not sure which ones have the reissue all metal chain vs. leather interwoven chain strap.

I can't speak to seasons or collections though. Sorry! You could always ask your SA about the 2.55 WOC and see what they have in stock. Happy shopping!

Reactions: Pchul and ZofieUp
Hi everyone,

I love the reissue woc! It's super low key so I can take it anywhere from grocery stores to weddings. The chain length is also a few inches shorter than the classic woc, which is nice because i'm 5'0" (chain drop length is 24"). Only thing is that the reissue woc costs a few hundred more than the classic woc, probably because it has a real clasp and not the magnetic button closure.

I have a calfskin light gold reissue WOC from 20A, which I actually purchased new from the boutique this past Feb. (Posted in this thread in late Feb w a pic). I love reissues, so loving the WOC wasn't a huge surprise. LOL. I love the mademoiselle closure and all metal reissue chain. The interior is similar to other WOCs. I know there are reissue WOCs with the skinnier leather interwoven chain out there as well. Not sure which ones have the reissue all metal chain vs. leather interwoven chain strap.

I can't speak to seasons or collections though. Sorry! You could always ask your SA about the 2.55 WOC and see what they have in stock. Happy shopping!

thank you for the info. I’am definitely loving the closure and chain. I’ll contact my SA knowing that it’s still possible to get it.

Reactions: thundercloud
I love the reissue woc! It's super low key so I can take it anywhere from grocery stores to weddings. The chain length is also a few inches shorter than the classic woc, which is nice because i'm 5'0" (chain drop length is 24"). Only thing is that the reissue woc costs a few hundred more than the classic woc, probably because it has a real clasp and not the magnetic button closure.
Oh good to know the chain length isn’t as long as the classic one. Knowing to expect that it will be more pricier than expected is good to know. But everything is quite expensive at Chanel :frown:

Reactions: thundercloud
Hi everyone,
I'm so sorry if this is not the right place for this question but I could use some advice. I am trying to purchase my first Chanel piece, the classic woc in black with ghw. I know it is popular but my closest store told me their waitlist time is 6-9 months? :sad: This will be my first purchase so I do not have an account and I live in a tax-free state, so in both regards I can't order over the phone elsewhere and have it shipped to me. This is the only store that is allowing me to do it. It is also two hours away so I can't regularly go in and check. Does anyone have any tips on how to maybe find one sooner without going out of state? Or if this waitlist sounds reasonable? I know many items are hard to find right now but it seems excessive for an slg. I was so excited to buy it and now I feel a little dejected lol. TIA!

Reactions: Pchul
Hi everyone,
I'm so sorry if this is not the right place for this question but I could use some advice. I am trying to purchase my first Chanel piece, the classic woc in black with ghw. I know it is popular but my closest store told me their waitlist time is 6-9 months? :sad: This will be my first purchase so I do not have an account and I live in a tax-free state, so in both regards I can't order over the phone elsewhere and have it shipped to me. This is the only store that is allowing me to do it. It is also two hours away so I can't regularly go in and check. Does anyone have any tips on how to maybe find one sooner without going out of state? Or if this waitlist sounds reasonable? I know many items are hard to find right now but it seems excessive for an slg. I was so excited to buy it and now I feel a little dejected lol. TIA!
I was able to place an order with a NEiman Marcus SA luckily they found one within a week of me making the request. Have you tried talking to anyone at the department stores? I think you don’t need prior purchase history to purchase from a department store.

I was able to place an order with a NEiman Marcus SA luckily they found one within a week of me making the request. Have you tried talking to anyone at the department stores? I think you don’t need prior purchase history to purchase from a department store.
Yes, I tried multiple different ones just to be sure, no one will ship to me because I have never purchased from Chanel before. I'm also in a tax free state and thanks to the new rules that's a second reason they won't. I tried standalone and department store boutiques and no luck. I was also told they were out of stock company wide but have seen a few people on here get one in the last few days. Maybe they also had to wait though, I can't be sure.

Reactions: Pchul