The Whole Cedar Street and Cameron Street Thing!

hunnyplaya

soon-to-be peach
O.G.
May 17, 2009
Hi all :smile:

I am totally new to Kate Spade and do not own any. Currently, I am totally interested in Kate Spade's Karolina wristlet. However, the same wristlet have different "street names" i.e. Cedar Street and Cameron Street.

So really, what is the difference between the two? Different street names = different linings? Different street names = different seasons?

Any education for this newbie would be much appreciated. Sorry if my question seemed silly. LOL.

Reactions: lotusflowerbaum
The street or place name refers to style elements like leather/material, name plate/ marking and other design elements like bows or zipper pulls. They can be limited to a single seasonal collection or be one that spans years. Cedar Street has been a long running (3-4 years) style of crosshatched leather. Ive heard in other threads that the style name is being phased out, but it was very popular. Kate Spade has had other style names with the same crosshatched leather, im sure it will continue to do so even under different names.

Really just whichever one you like stylistically, im sure you will be happy. There isnt really hierarchy between street names except to the degree that some designate outlet styles, boutique styles, or the Madison Avenue collection. And some former boutique street names get reused as current outlet styles. So I dont think its a big thing to consider when making a purchase.

Good luck, its always exciting to get a new piece!

Also note that as a company, we are phasing out Cedar Street. Many of the styles are being recreated in Cameron Street though!

Yeah, yesterday I called the boutique and they informed me the sale online was also applied to their boutique stores. When I asked about the maise bags, they said they didn't have any in stock, but they did carry the newer version. The cameron street maise!