The Well Behaved Bag

That's a beautiful bag right there! But I bet you have more! Show us all your well-behaved bags :smile:

Your wish is my command! :lolots:

This is my Franco Sarto Bowery bag. I loved this style so much I bought two of it's equally well behaved sisters in different colors so that I would have one to carry throughout the four seasons.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 388
I like structured bags that stand up and don't puddle. I like satchels.

PicMonkeyCollage_zps29a39fba.jpg

Trudysmom, my internet connection is sufficiently wonky that I was unable to add how gorgeous your bags are! I have a fondness for Dooney as well, though my lone Dooney pales in comparison to you beautiful bevy! :love:

Thanks for sharing!

Your wish is my command! :lolots:

This is my Franco Sarto Bowery bag. I loved this style so much I bought two of it's equally well behaved sisters in different colors so that I would have one to carry throughout the four seasons.

And having said that ^^ , here they are:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 385
It really does make sense when you think about it. If you love the style (bag, shoes, dresses etc.) why not have them in different colors? I have other "multiple" bags and use them all.

Yeah. That's true. I've actually been checking Franco Sarto' shoes in the past one week. I found one pair of heels at TK Maxx Cologne, Germany and they're so comfortable and stable but the websites won't ship to Germany. Will have to get them when I visit The US next time.

So many great answers already, and such lovely bags have been shown too! Another fantastic thread from Fim :biggrin:

Hmmm, similar to the other responses here, my well-behaved bags are those that are hassle-free, and usually those are my water-proof bags. It's nice that right now I think I don't have a bag that I consider too high-maintenance, though some are more high maintenance than others. My well-behaved bags are those that yes, do not slide off my shoulders; do not slide off chairs LOL; are easy to clean; and those that I can carry whatever the weather.

No pics right now since I'm on my tablet, but I'll see if I can post one later when I transfer to my laptop ;)

Having recently purged my handbag collection of extraneous bags, I now can honestly say I only own what I consider well behaved bags. Bags I don't have to baby, that effortlessly transition from day to night, and comfortably ride shotgun on the passenger seat of my battered van. They don't topple over when I set them down, accommodate everything I deem necessary, and stow easily in a file cabinet when I'm at work. Now that I'm no longer on high alert every time I use one of my bags, I find I enjoy them more. And, as is so often the case, enjoying them more allows me to use them more. No longer do they languish in their dust bags waiting for that mythical special occasion hosted in a hermetically sealed bubble. So now the question. What do you consider a well behaved bag?

:biggrin:

Pretty much everything you said. I have a couple bags that are 'difficult' (topple over and spill or have to be scrunched into the space available at work) and I do find I don't use them much. I prefer LV Speedy and similar shape/size and coated canvas that is easy to clean and waterproof.

This is mine...a mulberry bayswater but with a twist....a print so not too boring, rigid never slumps like other bays and is patent. Leather so fine in all weather esp rain...big enough for work trendy enough for casual...goes with suits and jeans

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 246
This is mine...a mulberry bayswater but with a twist....a print so not too boring, rigid never slumps like other bays and is patent. Leather so fine in all weather esp rain...big enough for work trendy enough for casual...goes with suits and jeans

Elvisfan, I love your Bayswater! as you said, it has everything you expect of a well behaved bag. Thanks for sharing!

:tup:

Love this thread idea!

For me, a well-behaved bag is one that I can live in awhile but it depends on my schedule. Sometimes I need a messenger bag and sometimes I need a tote. I would say my ideal well-behaved bag is my PS1 medium. Keeps everything organized, a bit of structure but also comfortable to wear over the shoulder or messenger. I can carry this bag for weeks without thinking about switching out.

Love this thread idea!

For me, a well-behaved bag is one that I can live in awhile but it depends on my schedule. Sometimes I need a messenger bag and sometimes I need a tote. I would say my ideal well-behaved bag is my PS1 medium. Keeps everything organized, a bit of structure but also comfortable to wear over the shoulder or messenger. I can carry this bag for weeks without thinking about switching out.

Great post, TejasMama. Well Behaved bags come in all shapes and sizes. They can be seasonal as well. Here in the Northeast we have four seasons (okay, given this past winter, maybe three). :giggles:
So, today on this sunny summer Monday when I'd rather be anywhere but work, I carried my Nine West Tote. It always lifts my spirits and succeeds in banishing the summer Monday Blahs!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 231