The Watermelon Boogie! ...that wasn't meant to be...

shessica

Recovered Shopoholic
O.G.
Jan 30, 2009
So I was beyond excited to get this bag! I thought it would be the perfect new Tano to add to my growing collection. I even went home over lunch to wait for the UPS man....

It arrived in a rather small box - smaller, at least, than the labeled Tano boxes I've seen in other reveals... I hastily opened it and found that the bag was wrapped in old plastic. I examined the bag, and it looked okay - a little dry, but okay. And no dust cover. (I'm a little shocked by this, coming from such a reputable store as That's Our Bag.):tdown:

I'm very sad to report, however, that I wasn't immediately impressed by the color. :crybaby:I loved the shape of the Boogie, loved the hardware on the side, loved the strap and how it fit on my body (though it is surprisingly smaller than my Anti-Chic!)...but the color...I just didn't know. I tried it on with a few outfits, even, to see if that helped...

Before I go on, here are the pics....

Pic 1 - straight out of the box - still rather stiff, with flash.
Pic 2 - with flash and stuff in it. i just noticed those scratches on the bottom when i uploaded this pic, which the flash really picks up! i'm sure a little lotion could fix it, but grrr...
Pic 3 - no flash, different outfit. closest to actual color, i think. there's a very peachy undertone to it (which is exactly what i THOUGHT would like), but still in the orange family.
Pic 4 - no flash
Pic 5 - on floor with stuff in it

Attachments

• Watermelon Boogie004.JPG
    Watermelon Boogie004.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 50
  • Watermelon Boogie007.JPG
    Watermelon Boogie007.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 61
  • Watermelon Boogie021.JPG
    Watermelon Boogie021.JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 50
  • Watermelon Boogie018.JPG
    Watermelon Boogie018.JPG
    110.8 KB · Views: 46
  • Watermelon Boogie022.JPG
    Watermelon Boogie022.JPG
    181 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that it's going back, at this point. The color just isn't for me. It's not right for my skin tone and didn't really gel with the majority of my wardrobe. I'm really so very saddened by this! :crybaby:

But, I definitely want a Boogie, and I'm thinking it will either be the Lemon Drop (I saw the Shopper in this color and YUMMY! :drool: ) or Pink Raspberry. I might even get both just to compare and contrast colors... I just dunno, though. I think the color I choose needs to stay with blues and wines - cooler undertones. I love the idea of a yellow bag, but after the experience with this watermelon color, I don't know if it would be any better of a color fit. It would tremendously more versatile, I think...

So....HELP!! :confused1:

don't feel bad, she, we all go through this. Maybe you should stick with a basic boogie color for now, something less iffy, like the sour cherry or the darker berry blue? I find it's always safer to start with darker colors. I LOVE all the bright colors but know they don't work out for me...

thanks guys! i thought about a red or purple, but i dunno. the plum jelly seems a bit too bright and to close in color to my blueberry anti-chic. i would like something significantly different. grrr... when i tried on a raspberry FN over the weekend, i was quite pleased by the color, actually, so perhaps i'll give it a try in the boogie...

First, I'm sorry you aren't in love with the bag. :sad:

MHB is the only e-retailer I know of that provides Tano dust bags. I don't even think Tano provides the bags to TOB, etc.

But I will say if you aren't 100% in love you should for sure send it back. No use in keeping it if you aren't crazy about it.

There will be a Boogie in your future that you love!

I saw the raspberry this weekend, and it's really pretty. Are you concerned about the size? Maybe the French Nanny or Minilisa would be step down in size that you might like.

Joan

no, i LOVE the size. in fact, i wouldn't mind if it were bigger! was even considering a shopper... voodoo, did you post modeling pics of your newest addition? i'm curious how it lays on the body.

When I ordered my Minilisa from TOB, I received a Tano dust bag.

Sorry it didn't work out for you. I'm like you, I prefer darker colors. I'm too chicken to go into the brighter colors.

^Oh that is so uncool! I'm glad you are returning it. What about the sour cherry or pink lemonade?

I gave them both a thought, but I don't think I'm so keen on the brown trim. This spring's Lemon Drop has a cognac trim, which seems a bit darker and richer than the usual brown, so I might give that a try. I'm also leaning towards last fall's pink raspberry with black trim. The black really makes the pink pop!

I have a Cooped Up in watermelon and I understand what you mean about the color. The size is great for a school bag but the color is so iffy for me. It is not for everyone. I keep thinking that I might sell it.