The Walking Dead on AMC

The Walking Dead is creating a third series
By Heidi Parker For Dailymail.com 09:49 EDT 08 Apr 2019, updated 10:51 EDT 08 Apr 2019

12007400-0-image-m-7_1554731333203.jpg

The Walking Dead is expanding again.

On Monday the show's network AMC announced they will develop a female version of the series about zombies.

This new incarnation, which is set to debut in 2020, 'will feature two young female protagonists and focus on the first generation to come-of-age in the apocalypse as we know it,' according to a press release.

12007400-6899161-image-a-1_1554730985157.jpg

New material: The Walking Dead is expanding again. On Monday the show's network AMC announced they will develop a female version of the series about zombies. Here Lauren Cohan is seen from The Walking Dead
It was added: 'Some will become heroes. Some will become villains. In the end, all of them will be changed forever. Grown-up and cemented in their identities, both good and bad.'

Production on the 10 episodes will begin in the summer with a shoot in Virginia.

The new series will be co-created by Scott Gimple, and Matt Negrete, who has been a writer and producer on The Walking Dead for the past five seasons and who will serve as showrunner.

12007406-6899161-image-a-2_1554731017579.jpg

Ladies first: This new incarnation, which is set to debut in 2020, 'will feature two young female protagonists and focus on the first generation to come-of-age in the apocalypse as we know it,' according to a press release. Here Danai Gurira is seen
12007408-6899161-image-a-3_1554731095097.jpg

More on this: It was added: 'Some will become heroes. Some will become villains. In the end, all of them will be changed forever. Grown-up and cemented in their identities, both good and bad.' Cohan is pictured with a gun
The show is based on the comic book series of the same name by Robert Kirkman.

The new series will be built around two young female protagonists, says Sarah Barnett, the president of the company’s entertainment networks.

She added that viewers have seemed to bond with many of the female characters.

Carol and Ezekiel's romance dies after the loss of their son

12007428-6899161-image-a-4_1554731114226.jpg

Done: The season nine finale aired on March 31 on AMC
'We believe in the underlying vitality of the Walking Dead universe,' added Barnett.

'Walking Dead itself continues to be the number-one show by some margin. This show just continues to be an incredible boon for us. It’s something another cable or streaming network would actually kill for.'

Gimple, chief content officer for the Dead franchise, wants to not let too many details out she said.

'This allows us to come to the marketplace with completely uninterrupted Walking Dead universe content from post-Super Bowl Sunday to Thanksgiving,' said Scott Collins, president of ad sales for AMC Networks, in an interview.

Trailer for next season of 'The Walking Dead' teases new threat

I really liked the opening scene it’s weird that they are training for a war with the whispers on the beach lol. Seeing everyone having their own fight/kill was done well. Judith telling RJ about how their dad died in a way to keep him alive without telling him it was his dad so sweet. All the communities seem to have a big fear of the whispers. Rosita as a mom is weird Eugene treating the baby like a science experiment hilarious. Negan giving advice that’s helpful is hard to trust, yet I don’t think that he’s wrong . Kelly loosing her hearing is so heartbreaking especially because she feels like she needs to help protect Connie and she’s letting her down if she can’t hear for her. She doesn’t have to worry Dog is here to save the day. Also let the Daryl Connie shipping start! Carol went all Arya Stark and is now a fisher woman to get away from it all. I loved her and Daryl’s reunion and talking about running away together. Carol hates the boarders and clearly doesn’t care about them. Carol and Daryl’s reunion VS the kings reunion cold as ice. The satellite fire is interesting in that they were able to put it out. Daryl and Carol go on a field trip and carol spots alpha at the end. The stare down is expected and makes me think that carol will be happy to stick around now because she wants vengeance for her son. Also Maggie is mentioned a few times but with no real clue what she’s been up too. And skin they found possibly a new group? Are they related to the whisperers? If they both wear human flesh I could see it as a group that split. Lydia in school with little kids is comical.

Loved the alpha beta back round story. I’m surprised that alpha showed mercy to gamma’s sister very out if character and for her to only end up dying. It sounds like their group already has some unrest and dreams of joining the other communities. If they found out that alpha lied about killing Lydia they will definitely turn on her. It looks like the new war starts next week. Maggie is officially coming back next season.

Really liked last nights episode. Craziness at the fences, Carol hallucinations (esp one w/ Mika, Lizzie. Sam, Henry & Sophia) and Negan v Aaron.

The dead Whisper turning to a walker at the end, should be an interesting turn of events.

I also loved the last episode as well. Sad to read that this season had the lowest number of viewers for the start of the season. I hope that with Maggie coming back next year it will help the numbers goo back up. Angela has done such a wonderful job. The best part is we are getting more complete storytelling. Before they would drag out one storyline the whole season. For example episode one we had a satellite crash, episode two back round story on alpha and beta and how they came together. Episode three conflict with the whispers/carol sleep deprived and popping pills.

I loved the whole carol being sleep deprived and taking something to stay awake. It's hard to decipher what was real and what wasn't. I was also disappointed in the fact that they all pretty much dismissed what she said above the whispers being at the school. Gamma was there and she did shoot her. Even Daryl didn't believe her when she said that she saw them. I don't know why they want to write her off so easily. She's the strongest person in the group. Yes she's grieving and yes she's sleep deprived and taking drugs, but girl is still on point.

I also wonder how alpha is able to keep track of everything that they are doing. She knew that they crossed her land in the winter and she knew about them looking around for them. Since they don't really utilize technology of any sort, they must have whispers out and about all over walking with the dead reporting back to her. I wonder how many people are in thier group, because I didn't think that they were that big.

The arron and negan one on one time was intense. While I don't really trust negan he's seemingly sticking around and continuing to help/support them dispite multiple opportunities to peace out. I feel like his continued compliance is all about self preservation. I would also like to see him in a more active role I think that they should utilise him to help fight the whispers.

Reactions: Prufrock613