The Volkswagen Beetle, yay or nay?

That was my first car .... So i say go for it. its an awesome car . U will love it... Its a great car and safe i had some car accidents and that car pulled it together... SO YAY!!! congrats too.

I have a VW Beetle and I love it!! I don't drive it that much because i use my Range Rover mostly, but my Beetle's a convertible, so i use it when its warm, i would definitly recommend one!
Although a friend of mine has one, and it only has a 1.6 litre engine (mines a 2.0litre) and the cars too heavy for such a small engine, she complains that its way too slow!

oooh gosh yes, the 1.6 is painfully slow, and alot of the 1.6 even had a manual roof, no good at all :biggrin:

2.0 is fabby, and more than nippy enough. Not sure if the engine sizes differ in the states?

I think they are adorable. Please PLEASE go for the safety factor, not what is in style or cute.
I beg you to think about your life and saftey first. That matters most!
Good luck and let us know what you get!!!!!

I would love to have one, But My husband dont let me have it. he said it too dangerous and when snow it will have problem

How does he think it will be dangerous? It's FWD which is better in the snow than RWD. Also, the Beetle has always done very well in crash tests.

It's cute. Get the bigger engine though.
Just check Consumer Reports for reliability and safety. You can get a cute little Volvo with some spunk and it'll probably last a lot longer and be a lot safer. We have two Volvos and swear by them.;)