The Voice, 7th season

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
Did anyone watch first episode of new season last night? I find Pharrell very appealing. Gwen is pretty, not loving her personality as much.
I'm having a hard time understanding what Adam's appeal to the contestants is. He's attractive but IMO his performing skills aren't that impressive. Pharrell has had huge success as a producer and Blake is the obvious choice for any country singer.

So unless you're a female and Adam gets you with his attractiveness I don't know why he'd win out when they're vying for a person to be on their team.

I plan to catch episodes on demand as I prefer to watch DWTS which airs at the same time. Not too excited with Gwen. I loved Shakira as she was very witty and funny during the blind auditions. I like Pharrell. As for Adam, my guess is his previous wins probably are enough to attract contestants into his team. He sounds knowledgeable as far as music is concerned so as a coach, he's okay.

I dvr'd it and need to watch today before I watch tonight.

Pharrell being a producer would appeal to those auditioning, I'd think. Not sure about Gwen. She was very odd at times, but Christina was a good coach, IMO. And much to my surprise, Blake is great with all types of singers, not just country. Adam is articulate and handsome plus Maroon 5 has a million hits. So people like, I guess.

I loved it when Usher and Shakira were on. Sad when Shakira said she wouldn't be doing it anymore.

I dvr'd it and need to watch today before I watch tonight.

Pharrell being a producer would appeal to those auditioning, I'd think. Not sure about Gwen. She was very odd at times, but Christina was a good coach, IMO. And much to my surprise, Blake is great with all types of singers, not just country. Adam is articulate and handsome plus Maroon 5 has a million hits. So people like, I guess.

I loved it when Usher and Shakira were on. Sad when Shakira said she wouldn't be doing it anymore.
You're right, Adam has won multiple times.
I wasn't aware Shakira wasn't coming back. I liked her too. Gwen seems a bit of a show-off but maybe she's a bit nervous since she's new and will settle down.
I used to love the Blake/Adam interaction but Adam was getting on my nerves last night. Seemed too aggressive.
I'm really liking Pharrell. He seems to have a genuine sweetness about him.

OK, I watched last night's show and my gosh, are they getting paid each time they hit the button and turn around? Almost every time they all went for the same singer. A couple were really good, but not all of them.

I liked the last country singer a lot--very rich voice. And the girl who sang Chuck E's In Love (an old fave of mine) was outstanding, IMO. A couple of others have real promise too, but there are also some that won't stay long.

Pharrell is a man of few words but very persuasive.

The girl who sang last in last night's episode should be the winner. She picked Pharrell as her coach. I'll be rooting for her.

Yeah, what was her name? Maia? I got goosebumps when she began singing. I love that song and she did it justice.

Pharrell is assembling an incredible team.

I just finished watching the first episode. Amazing no matter how often they change coaches, the camaraderie stays the same. They are so much fun to watch because they really seem to be enjoying themselves. But I still prefer Shakira for the lone female spot as she was spontaneously witty and funny. I love Pharrell. He's not over the top and if I were a contestant I would choose him too. Sometimes though I think they press the button too early. There was one contestant who ended up in Gwen's team and who sang an Ariana Grande song who I thought would not be able to reach the higher notes, it was a bit of a struggle.

I just finished watching the first episode. Amazing no matter how often they change coaches, the camaraderie stays the same. They are so much fun to watch because they really seem to be enjoying themselves. But I still prefer Shakira for the lone female spot as she was spontaneously witty and funny. I love Pharrell. He's not over the top and if I were a contestant I would choose him too. Sometimes though I think they press the button too early. There was one contestant who ended up in Gwen's team and who sang an Ariana Grande song who I thought would not be able to reach the higher notes, it was a bit of a struggle.

I'm definitely seeing this too. I wonder why?

Regarding Shakira, she constantly impressed me with her command of English, a second language for her. She was so fluent and understands the subtleties of English. A very smart woman. And she always gave credit to Gloria Estefan for mentoring her when she came to the U.S.

I'm definitely seeing this too. I wonder why?

Regarding Shakira, she constantly impressed me with her command of English, a second language for her. She was so fluent and understands the subtleties of English. A very smart woman. And she always gave credit to Gloria Estefan for mentoring her when she came to the U.S.

Yes, I agree! I remember there were times when she would use words in the English language that the other guys weren't familiar with!

It seems like Adam has really toned it down from being very aggressive in the first episode to being so nice, he's actually recommending Blake as a coach.
Seems like maybe someone has advised him how to behave. We all love the chemistry on this show but how genuine is it?

The girl in the striped shirt who went with Gwen--she seems to have an attitude. I heard one of the judges say *If she listens to you.....* as if they expect her not to be coachable. Plus, this is all edited. We don't know what all went on during the blind auditions.

Lots of good singers last night. How does Pharrell always say just the right thing? If I were up on stage, I'd go with him every time.

The girl in the striped shirt who went with Gwen--she seems to have an attitude. I heard one of the judges say *If she listens to you.....* as if they expect her not to be coachable. Plus, this is all edited. We don't know what all went on during the blind auditions.

Lots of good singers last night. How does Pharrell always say just the right thing? If I were up on stage, I'd go with him every time.
I know......I'd go with Pharrell too - based on his personality and also his success as a producer. The only time I think they should choose someone else is Blake for the country singers.