The Vintage Thread!

I think you should not rush to purchase just b/c you only have X hours left. You do not know much about what you are buying/bidding on, and you are buying something that potentially needs work, and you cannot even see the pictures clear so you cannot see the extent of damage. I do not think that is a wise purchase. Take the time to authenticate something first and ask for the additional photos you need, especially if it is vintage and looks questionable, so you can feel comfortable you are buying something legitimate/authentic and worth the investment. In most cases vintage items can be restored to very useable condition, corners included. They use new leather to match the old. https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/authenticate-this-chanel.937412/page-1003#post-32172642
Thank you!

Dont worry, i am not rushing anything - however this is put up for sale for next to nothing and i just bought my first brand new chanel from a boutique and am now so intrigued that I like to idea of restoring a vintage one.

Ive seen the vintage wocs u mean however they did not have the classic flap look this one has. Wouldnt it bee too big for a woc though, since its described as being 25cm wide? I am thinking maybe it does have two chains but its pictured weirdly... i posted in the authentication thread but since i have so little images i doubt someone will be able to help me..

Dear Ladies.... Any time I see Vintage Chanel Medallion bag .I want to buy it.....How do you like your? Could you compare to any other bag?

I just bought a vintage Chanel Medallion a couple of months ago. I do love her but I don't wear her as often as my Chanel totes (i.e. my GST). Like Kaya said, you can't quite fit the straps onto the shoulder, so it becomes a true hand or crook-of-the-elbow bag. Having said that, I'm such a fan of the caviar leather and the gold medallion hardware - a subtle pop of bling and durable as hell - mine is 15-16 years old and has ZERO scratches on the caviar - NONE. It makes for an understated and elegant (but not too fussy) evening bag. One thing to note - mine is made in Italy and the straps stand upright. Some people mentioned that the straps from a batch that were made in France have now dropped to the sides. Like here:

https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/medallion-tote.980650/

While I would hate for my straps to do that and am grateful they don't, the good thing about straps dropping to the sides are it's way easier to store when they're down than when they're up! You have to consider almost a foot in additional storage height to fit the Medallion when the straps rest upright. Let us know what you decide!

IMG_0440.jpg

So I got my baby back from leather surgeons. The leather looks like new again (except it’s matte now, I’m not sure if I prefer it to be matte or lustrous) which is awesome! The not so awesome, my lock came back upside down. Easy enough fix I guess, but I thought there’d be a little more attention to detail than this. Also, I’m not too happy with the fibers of the threads kind of poking up and appearing frayed. I’m not sure if it’s due to the process they take to get the leather to look brand new, maybe? Guess you can’t have everything!

Hi everyone [emoji112] I just joined the club with this beauty....
View attachment 4026915

I cannot wait to take her out
Hi, have you taken her out yet? I'm joining with you too, although mine is a couple of years shy of being Vintage! Finally got her yesterday and had her authenticated by Ironic568 today.:yahoo:

Attachments

• IMG_20180425_165751.jpg
    IMG_20180425_165751.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 629
Hi, have you taken her out yet? I'm joining with you too, although mine is a couple of years shy of being Vintage! Finally got her yesterday and had her authenticated by Ironic568 today.:yahoo:

Congrats!! She’s gorgeous! No not yet the weather has been so weird lately with rain etc and the sunny days we had I spent it home reno’ing so no bags for me

Reactions: labb8
Hi ladies,

I just purchased my first vintage Chanel and I am wondering if the price that I paid is okay. It’s a vintage Diana flap in caviar leather, and it’s the one with the back pocket. It didn’t come with the original dustbag or authenticity card, but it had a certificate of authenticity from Authenticate4U. I paid $1650 for it. Did I get a good price?? Thank you! Here’s a picture of the bag:
53EC3D34-0AD1-4B99-A9A5-76EB7B0669FE.jpeg