The Vintage Thread!

There is a great deal that I don't know, but thanks for the chuckle. :smile:

Per the SA and all that I've read about the PVD process (and I've read a ton), yes it is much better than the older coated metals. It's interesting the pull this bag has; I wore it to Neiman Marcus and Chanel this past weekend and at both places, both the SA's and customers were talking about how I had "that bag" that was so impossible to find. I even broke my ban on jumbo bags (all my others are M/L) to get this bag. It is indeed an awesome one.

But speaking of amazing, there are some fabulous vintage bags out there! I was perusing some sites a few days ago, and the variety out there is just incredible. I'd really like to adopt a few. :smile:

Yes I agree with you that there are indeed great vintage bags out there! I'm also browsing the websites for such pieces and feel that the quality and hardware of the bags (just by the photos) back then seem so much better than the ones now.

The thing is, I'm not too sure how much are they worth paying for..but I guess it also boils down to the condition and how much a person likes it.

Reactions: Jennifer rankin
Hello! This is mine:
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1377591015.292459.jpg

I don't have the name or style of this bag. I just know it's a 3-series. If. anyone knows, please identify it. Thanks!

I can't believe this beauty was in my mom's storage for more than 10 years! I posted a thread asking about what I can wear with this. It's my first Chanel...hehehe :smile:

Hello! This is mine:
View attachment 2310260

I don't have the name or style of this bag. I just know it's a 3-series. If. anyone knows, please identify it. Thanks!

I can't believe this beauty was in my mom's storage for more than 10 years! I posted a thread asking about what I can wear with this. It's my first Chanel...hehehe :smile:

What a pretty color! It looks really modern for being a 3 series too!

^^ Lucky you to get it from your mum! Love bags with such sentimental value. And in such pristine condition too. It's gorgeous :smile:

Just remembered and thought I tell you...

My mom showed me this bag just before she put it in storage and I was like, "eww." Lol! I was in college and not into Chanel then. A couple of months ago, I just remembered her having it and asked her to whip it out. And I was like, "oh my, so pretty!" Lol! So glad she saved it!

My mom showed me this bag just before she put it in storage and I was like, "eww." Lol! I was in college and not into Chanel then. A couple of months ago, I just remembered her having it and asked her to whip it out. And I was like, "oh my, so pretty!" Lol! So glad she saved it!

I wish my mom was into designer things and had exciting closet finds lol that's why I want to give all my bags to my future daughters one day, I would love to have a classic wardrobe that someone would be excited to inherit!

Reactions: pianolize
Hello! This is mine:
View attachment 2310260

Here is one that i posted just recently. It is my first Chanel. It was $1980 USD. It was in very good condition. The only wear were scratches on the CC hardware and minimal fading on the corners.

Stunning bags! Vintage bags are so great and unique, and they come with such great stories!

LOL

Like you, I wasn't into Chanel when I was much younger too. Thought they look oldish. I think it takes a level of sophistication to appreciate the beauty of Chanel ;)

Last edited: