The Vintage Thread!

Helle there :smile: I need your opinion :smile: I really Want to buy vintage chanel maxi jumbo bag With The xl logo, and I already have a vintage Chanel 2.55 , medium size.
1)Do You Think it is a good Idea to invest in a Chanel maxi jumbo bag from The 90's? I foruden a bag in good condition, and The Price is around 3 717 USD .
2) do You Think a bag from The 90's Will remain beautiful The next 20 years. i Want to enjoy this bag, and give it to my daughter When she is a Young lady :smile: hehe
I agree with @Chanbal. $3717 is a bit steep for a vintage bag in this condition. Look at the $2700-$3500 range for lesser creasing.

5AB566C0-F07D-4052-A49D-5F9234C53D0F.jpeg

This was my first Chanel, series 9xxxxxx. I haven’t seen this satchel/tote posted on tpf yet. Purchased preloved from eBay around 2004 before our first baby. I also used it as a diaper and milk bag. It’s in serious need of a bag spa but haven’t committed to sending it off yet. If only Leather Surgeons was nearby and I can come visit it periodically.

Reactions: bellebellebelle19
Hi ladies, lately I've been seeing so many questions about vintage Chanels and I thought it would be nice to have a thread for discussing vintage pieces :smile: Ask questions, share photos, care tips, etc!

Personally, I love Vintage Chanel, I have a 0 series Mini flap, and a 2 series M/L classic flap. I think it's really fun to hunt down vintage finds and most of them have a very distinct and classic look to them :heart: Anyone else a vintage lover or thinking about going vintage?

One of the random things I did want to comment on was the question of vintage pricing. In the years that I've been into Chanel, prices on vintage pieces have gone up with the price hikes on current retail items. Even in as little as one year, prices can be totally different, and of course it all depends on the bag in question and the condition too. With that being said, I think vintage offers a lot of savings, but with the recent price increases, "steals" aren't as common anymore in my experience. I think that would be my number one piece of advice for anyone new to vintage shopping and wondering what a "good price" is

My 2 Series M/L (purchased for $1100 in 2009)

g8jq.jpg

My 0 Series Mini (purchased for I think $750 in 2008)

4e0t.jpg
Hi! I am new & joined tPF bcos of my recent purchase. Its vintage medium double flap in lambskin! I love it so much!

Reactions: Gblb
Hi everyone! This is the limited edition (with bi-colour CC) classic flap I got from eBay. It is in near mint condition but I am not sure if it lost its puffiness or it was designed to be flat? Can anyone tell?IMG_5233.JPG

Reactions: Gblb