The Vintage Thread!

Anyway, any other things I should look out for? Any questions to ask? Would love to get any tips and tricks from you vintage lovers.

Those are all of the "standard" questions that I ask, and I'll ask questions specific to the bag based on the pictures or the description. Re-dyeing and smell are the big ones for me personally.

I have not been following Chanel as long as some of the other TPFers, so curious to learn if there are other questions to ask.

Hello Chanel lovers,
My first vintage Diana flap (10 inch with ghw) with back pocket. Have yet to receive it. Currently with the 'middleman'. She sent me the pic n I can't help but to share it with you ladies.
Thanks for letting me share. :smile:

Attachments

• IMG_4112.PNG
    IMG_4112.PNG
    507.1 KB · Views: 700
  • IMG_4119.PNG
    IMG_4119.PNG
    457.1 KB · Views: 704
  • IMG_4129.PNG
    IMG_4129.PNG
    363.2 KB · Views: 713
Yes, I got it authenticated by both etinceler and *****************. I don't know why I had to get 2 authentications, but, I was too excited!
Does it have serial number? I just bought Chanel double flap one that pre-dates 1984 before the serial number came out. Mine was authenticated too. The CC ,overlap differently.

Omg I've been eyeing the vintage vanity cases for years but never committed. Trawling through eBay yesterday I came across one with strap (it's a must!) at a very good price so now I'm just eagerly waiting for its arrival! Yay!! So glad to add another vintage piece to my collection (Not to mention the Day before I also bought a preloved 2008 reissue camera bag... lol)

IMG_1499914675.189873.jpg
My newest addition - a beautiful vintage vanity case [emoji7]

Hi All
I am excited to join this thread.
This is my first vintage Chanel bag made in 2003, got her in pristine unused condition - almost no wear and tear. I think her previous owner didn't use her at all. Paid AU$1900 for this vintage beauty, hopefully this is a reasonable price. Does anyone ever see this model before or know which season this bag come out?
Thks for letting me share

IMG_2105.JPG

hi everyone! i'm considering to pull the trigger on this beauty, supposingly from 2 series, in pristine condition, costing roughly $2300 usd:

IMG_1500781343.056445.jpg
it's the taupe lambskin chevron m/l classic flap!

everything is included apart from the serial sticker... i know it can be the deal breaker but if it's authentic and prolly i would not be reselling it, what do you think?

currently i have 1 diana, 2 reissues and 1 boy and they are all in black... have been lusting after beige/taupe for quite some time, and i think i couldn't find a better combo than this, feeling like this may 'complete' the collection, despite it's not very practical (light colored lambskin)... argh - cannot decide! should i? shouldn't i?

if i'm not getting it, i'm also considering to get the lady dior or chloe mini drew... definitely very different but i can only get one bag on this wishlist.

thanks for reading!! and your thoughts are most appreciated :smile:

hi everyone! i'm considering to pull the trigger on this beauty, supposingly from 2 series, in pristine condition, costing roughly $2300 usd:

View attachment 3772801
it's the taupe lambskin chevron m/l classic flap!

everything is included apart from the serial sticker... i know it can be the deal breaker but if it's authentic and prolly i would not be reselling it, what do you think?

currently i have 1 diana, 2 reissues and 1 boy and they are all in black... have been lusting after beige/taupe for quite some time, and i think i couldn't find a better combo than this, feeling like this may 'complete' the collection, despite it's not very practical (light colored lambskin)... argh - cannot decide! should i? shouldn't i?

if i'm not getting it, i'm also considering to get the lady dior or chloe mini drew... definitely very different but i can only get one bag on this wishlist.

thanks for reading!! and your thoughts are most appreciated :smile:

I think the Chevron Taupe GHW is super beautiful and to get it in Pristine condition is a rarity.
The thing to take into account is the light lambskin as it is particularly obvious when there are scuffing and colour transfer (I have light pink lambskin and it is not the easiest bag to take care). Also the price maybe on the high side if it doesn't have any accessories - the later can be subjective though .
About other brands vs Chanel, I am a Chanel fan so can be little biased so would prefer Chanel of course!
Anyway good luck deciding!!

I think the Chevron Taupe GHW is super beautiful and to get it in Pristine condition is a rarity.
The thing to take into account is the light lambskin as it is particularly obvious when there are scuffing and colour transfer (I have light pink lambskin and it is not the easiest bag to take care). Also the price maybe on the high side if it doesn't have any accessories - the later can be subjective though .
About other brands vs Chanel, I am a Chanel fan so can be little biased so would prefer Chanel of course!
Anyway good luck deciding!!

thanks ;) i believe it comes with the box, dust bag and card.

and (sorry about the quality of the picture) the color looks darker here, so i'm wondering if color transfer will be less of an issue than beige clair lamb... in fact i'm most concerned about water marks just in case it rains [emoji20]

i'm hoping the color irl would be closer to what's seen in this pic!

IMG_1500811655.771405.jpg

Reactions: Nancy Wong