The Vintage Thread!

Hello everyone! I have this Vintage Chanel in series 0 that I am contemplating on selling. But I am torn. I want to see what you think, whether I should keep or not. It is in pristine condition. And this was sold only in Japan and France. I was told there was only 1000 of these made. Please advise. T1.jpg T2.jpg T3.jpg T4.jpg

Hi!

Sharing my vintage Diana that I purchased online in 2012 for less than $1k- I love vintage items and had been wanting to restore this cutie. I am sending this into the Leather Surgeons next week to restore this vintage cutie. Once I receive it back I will post before/after pics!

Gorgeous vintage piece! I'm sure it will look even more beautiful post rehab from LS. Don't forget to post pix!

picked up this chevron lamb camera case a few months ago. 0 series!!! came with original dustbag and authenticity card and the hologram in place! in great vintage condition, and the chain is completely removable, so it can be a clutch. i have it up against my hunter medallion tote so you can see the rich olive green compared to a later chanel hunter green. great little piece! look how early on they made chevron pieces.IMG_4681.JPG IMG_4682.JPG IMG_4684.JPG

Hello everyone! I have this Vintage Chanel in series 0 that I am contemplating on selling. But I am torn. I want to see what you think, whether I should keep or not. It is in pristine condition. And this was sold only in Japan and France. I was told there was only 1000 of these made. Please advise. View attachment 3581737 View attachment 3581738 View attachment 3581739 View attachment 3581740
you should get a few quotes for buyout and consignment. it may be worth more (or less) than you think, so that could help your decision. i've had a few vintage pieces i thought would be worth a good bit, and they were not. it made it easier to sell them off. i'm not a fan of keeping things just because they look nice - if you're not using it, what's the point. a lot of women don't like used bags and 'old' stuff, so it's harder to sell a vintage piece than you think. having the card/box/dustbag and etc. helps, if you have those.

So excited to have gotten my first Chanel! A vintage small classic flap lambskin made in 2002-2003 [emoji173]
I just used an Apple garde conditioner and I'm amazed how soft she feels...So in love with her [emoji7] ...My hubby thinks I am crazy because I can't starring at her...[emoji12] View attachment 3583692View attachment 3583693
wow gorgeous bag.
May i ask where you got it from?

your bag is very cute! what type of cleaning does it need? it looks good in the picture.
Thanks! It's from the late 80's, based on the serial number. The inside is pristine--almost like it was never used--but the back part and the base of the bag is dingy. The leather is still buttery soft, though. If the dirt doesn't come off, I might just have it recolored.
chanel1.jpg

Hello gorgeous ladies!! What do you think is a reasonable price for a 3 series 1994-1996) lambskin classic medium black flap? The seller no longer has the authenticity card and states that it could stand to go to the Chanel sp because the black isn't as vibrant? From the pictures, it looks pretty good. I'm just not sure what's a fair price....