The Vintage Thread!

My Vintage Babies :heart:

IMG_1842_zpsehcyzqmy.jpg

Lovely, beautiful.

Hey everyone, not sure if this is the right place to ask this question. If it isn't please redirect me. Looking into buying my first vintage Chanel. I'm seeing a lot of pieces out there that I like. But I'm running into chain straps that are tarnished or the gold on the chain strap is rubbed off. Is there a way to refresh problems like that on vintage pieces? I've also found a gorgeous bag I love, but the leather strap that is weaved through the chain strap is broken. Can something like that be fixed?

Gorgeous collection! I'm looking to buy my first Chanel, and I've decided it will be a vintage piece. Right now I'm looking on resell sights like LuxeDH, Ebay, Yoogi's. But if you have any other suggestions for resale sights, please let me know!

Thank you. Definitely check out Boutique Pstina and Fashionlulu. BP and Fashionlulu have bags on ebay, and BP has her own website too

Last edited:
Hey everyone, not sure if this is the right place to ask this question. If it isn't please redirect me. Looking into buying my first vintage Chanel. I'm seeing a lot of pieces out there that I like. But I'm running into chain straps that are tarnished or the gold on the chain strap is rubbed off. Is there a way to refresh problems like that on vintage pieces? I've also found a gorgeous bag I love, but the leather strap that is weaved through the chain strap is broken. Can something like that be fixed?
absolutely fixable. my vintage chanel just got back last week from leather surgeons; they re-plated all the hardware for me - that bascially makes it look completely new again, though not with the gold overlay that vintage pieces often come with. they (or the leather shop of your choice), can repair the strap if you want to keep the original, or fabricate another to match the bag. call around and get some quotes for re-plating hardware. i've had it done twice for bags and it does run about 220-350, so remember to add repair costs into a bag you select. there are various threads on here with recommended leather experts

Reactions: Bisoux78
Thank you so much!!!! Best vintage bags I've see and I have been looking obsessively!

Good luck! Don't settle with the quality just because its vintage. Trust me, there's a LOT of vintage bags out there that are in amazing condition. eBay also has a few trusted vintage sellers such as Bagswithstyle90210 and Fashionhulu. Just make sure you get them authenticated here first before purchasing.

Reactions: Roku
Gorgeous collection! I'm looking to buy my first Chanel, and I've decided it will be a vintage piece. Right now I'm looking on resell sights like LuxeDH, Ebay, Yoogi's. But if you have any other suggestions for resale sights, please let me know!
Yoogi's standards for condition is on the low side in my opinion. Their "gently used" bags look like they were used generously, lol. Fashionphile has higher standards when it comes to rating the condition of their bags.

Good luck! Don't settle with the quality just because its vintage. Trust me, there's a LOT of vintage bags out there that are in amazing condition. eBay also has a few trusted vintage sellers such as Bagswithstyle90210 and Fashionhulu. Just make sure you get them authenticated here first before purchasing.
I love Fashionhulu. One of my top go-to sellers

Hello!
I have a question. Has anybody ever seen on a vintage Chanel bag stamping "made in France B293"?
I've been eyeing a vintage bag, which is supposed to be from before the time when they started serial numbers and this bag has got a stamping like that on it, but I can't find any info on Google, so I thought that maybe someone here has seen a stamping like that...